Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Crowley votes

Options
  • 08-06-2009 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi Guys,
    What are your views on Brian Crowley always topping the votes? Remind me what has he done over and above that of other politicians down through the years and how much of his votes do you put down to what is called the "wheelchair vote" by some? Is he an exceptional candidate? Does he put more motions through the Dail/EU or constituency than others?

Comments

howie2008 wrote: »
    how much of his votes do you put down to what is called the "wheelchair vote" by some?

De Rossa puts on the stammer so mothers will vote for him. Come on, a stammer is cute, everyone thinks so. I've spoken with him and found him to be almost without a speech defect in conversation.

And bet McGuinness has perfect vision, but who doesn't have sympathy for a girl without looks and big thick glasses. God love her, give her a job.

As for Brian Crowley, for starters he runs the slickest electoral campaign in Munster, and possibly the country. That counts for something, especially when most voters don't what any of them really do for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 howie2008

When Crowley went on his first campaign he actually came to my door. It wreaked of vote for the guy in the wheelchair but of course you can't say that. A total newcomer blitzing the polls! Hmmm. I honestly felt bad for the other candidates knowing that they couldnt state the obvious. Must have been hard for them to hold their tongue. Honestly I wud love to think he's a great guy, activist, worker and all that so if you know what he has done that would warrant such votes let us know. Just wreaks of capitalising on a handicap and preying on peoples hearts instead of minds. Lets hope the mind & intellect dictates when it comes to sorting this economy out. Ya reckon Pronsias is the same story!

howie2008 wrote: »
    I wud love to think he's a great guy, activist, worker and all that so if you know what he has done that would warrant such votes let us know. Just wreaks of capitalising on a handicap and preying on peoples hearts instead of minds.

Can't really put my hand on my heart and say I know anything that de Rossa or McGuinness or any of them has done.

But one obvious area where Brian outperforms anyone is actually turning up. You'd think it would be a basic requirement, but some seem to have more difficulties than others with it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0512/1224246323817.html

He has steered clear of controversy, unlike Sinnott.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/mep-sinnott-attacks-abusive-tv-quizzing-in-expenses-probe-1425236.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0107/1230936732766.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This is the Irish Economy forum.

There's also a European Union forum, where you'll find the last two threads started by someone else on precisely the same topic. They've been merged together because the last guy also didn't bother checking that there was an existing thread, though at least it was in an appropriate place.

You can go post there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement