Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game me ???

• 08-06-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Just back with the Sexy Box 360 after 2.5 years as of the weekend :D

What games can people recommend to me ??

I was a fan of Forza, PGR and GOW back in the day. I don't know what you kids are playing these days and whats hip :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Are you just talking exclusives (cause I think you have a PS3 as well)? Was impressed with GOW 2, thought it was a damn sight better than the first one. Also Mass Effect 2 is a good title that you should be able to pick up for next to nothing these days.

With all the talk of Infamous lately I start playing Crackdown again. Brilliant game and for me is far superior to the boring GTAIV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Vyse wrote: »
    Are you just talking exclusives (cause I think you have a PS3 as well)? Was impressed with GOW 2, thought it was a damn sight better than the first one. Also Mass Effect 2 is a good title that you should be able to pick up for next to nothing these days.

With all the talk of Infamous lately I start playing Crackdown again. Brilliant game and for me is far superior to the boring GTAIV.

Yep, exclusives.

I think I'll order GOW2 , what about a decent racing sim. I see that Forza 3 isn't out until October, anything worth getting before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You may like GRID, supposed to be a decent driving game. If there's a demo try it out. If you don't have it for another console or PC then COD4 is defo worth buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thanks Guys,

Just ordered GOW2 and Forza 2 on Amazon.co.uk :D

I'm surprised how cheap they are compaired to shops. I don't want to buy anything locally here because they're all edited for violence etc and the prices are silly compaired to the online stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

KTRIC wrote: »
    Yep, exclusives.

I think I'll order GOW2 , what about a decent racing sim. I see that Forza 3 isn't out until October, anything worth getting before then.

you could get forza 2 cheap now too. its definitly worth it for the few months before 3 comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was going to recommend Burnout Paradise, but I see you've already got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I loved GRID, whatever about it falling between sim and arcade, it was just fun. I loved Forza 2 as well, will be picking up 3 as soon as it is released. Going to be an expensive autumn, with Forza 3, Left 4 Dead 2 (PC version though), and the new Monkey Island stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I'd definitely recommend PGR4 aswell, the amount of hours I've put into just setting lap records is crazy, something Ive never really done with any other racing game.

Crackdown is great too.. just have the last boss to try to beat.

Im enjoying Red Faction at the moment, multiplayer is good crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

left for dead great game all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭carefulnow99

ok lads i know they were a special edition and i also know this aint the proper thread but

anyone help me out with a red x box??
    just some info like where how much and well...if its even possible to get 1 anymore.

oh and when im here if anyone could sort me on the process os starting a thread would be great :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

GRID is a great game. If you want realism I'd try RacePro as well. GoW2 would be another good purchase.

>> carefulnow99 - go out to the main Forum you want to post in (i.e. XBox) and there is a button above "threads in forum" (where you should see an announcement) with "New Thread".

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

left for dead great game all round

Correction, Left 4 Dead. I don't even own a 360 :D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭carefulnow99

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    GRID is a great game. If you want realism I'd try RacePro as well. GoW2 would be another good purchase.

>> carefulnow99 - go out to the main Forum you want to post in (i.e. XBox) and there is a button above "threads in forum" (where you should see an announcement) with "New Thread".

thanks for dat:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Saw The Orange Box for 16 quid in Game in the square the other day, would seriously recommend that.

Advertisement