Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old printers

Options
  • 08-06-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

hi does anybody know where in co.wicklow can i recycle old printers.I m having a clear out in the attic.thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Boghall Rd in Bray has a WEEE collection point.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Recycling centre on Boghall Road is closed. Some kind of industrial dispute.

You have a choice either Wicklow recycling centre or bring it down to Power City, on Boghall, or DID, on Southern Cross.
    Both of the latter sell printers so they are obliged to take old printers for recycling under the WEEE program.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Boghall Rd in Bray has a WEEE collection point.

They're still on strike as far as I know - my father in law was trying to drop stuff off in there the other day and the pickets were still in place and the depot closed....

You could try the Murrough in Wicklow. I've left electrical stuff there before...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭col007

thanks,i was in bray earlier at the recycling centre,the strike is still in place according to ww co.council,shame to see the huge collection of tv s there that won t be collected;will go to ww tomorrow,thanks to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

If it's closer for you, try the DLRCoCo facility in Ballyogan.

Danjo, retailers are only obliged to accept items on a like for like basis if you made a purchase from them, so they're not much use to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

theres also a recycling centre up beside the cemetery on the way into shankill (south side).....not sure if they take electrics but ive heard its very good so they probly do. lots of people i know are using this one now instead of bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

eleMental wrote: »
    theres also a recycling centre up beside the cemetery on the way into shankill (south side).....not sure if they take electrics but ive heard its very good so they probly do. lots of people i know are using this one now instead of bray.

Well spotted elemental http://www.dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=855. And it looks like they do take electrical goods... this centre is nearer than the Ballyogan centre which I would always use.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

JoeTurner wrote: »
    They're still on strike as far as I know - my father in law was trying to drop stuff off in there the other day and the pickets were still in place and the depot closed...
    Basically when the centre was first opened, all the staff were put on temporary contracts, probably because it was easier/quicker to do it that way at first. Recently their temporary contracts expired, and the council was ready to renew them, but unfortunately due to that old favourite "the current economic climate", Wicklow CC has been forced by central government not to renew any existing temporary contracts and not to create any new permanent ones either, so they're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Advertisement