Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs/Pubs Tramore

Options
  • 08-06-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Hi, im coming down to Tramore for 1 night end of June, just wondering wheres the best places to go to, we are late 20's and just wondering what are the good spots to go to, we like a nice pub for drinks first then maybe a club or disco bar for after.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Loads of pubs in Tramore but for your age the best place to go is The Vic. The only club thats open is The Baldy Man (opens weekends only though IIRC) but there is probably better choice of clubs in Waterford City.

I'm not sure what you would be interested in during the day, maybe go for a Surf or head into the City for shopping? Have a look on Discover Tramore for some ideas.

Any questions, just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks, we are only there for the night, we are at a dog show in kilkenny on sat and then at a dog show on sunday at the racecourse so said we'd stay over in Tramore to save us driving up and back, so we'll only be there for the night so said we'd head out for few hours so was just checking out the places to go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Okay, well im not sure does the Baldy open on a Sunday (im sure someone will clarify) but the Vic does. Great pub to go in. Have you accommodation sorted?

Sorry, bit of confusion, we are staying in tramore on sat night, to go to the show on the sunday so its sat night that we are going out.
    Yes we are staying in O'Sheas hotel, is that near the Vic or The Baldy man?

Thanks a mill!

andreac wrote: »
    Sorry, bit of confusion, we are staying in tramore on sat night, to go to the show on the sunday so its sat night that we are going out.
    Yes we are staying in O'Sheas hotel, is that near the Vic or The Baldy man?

Thanks a mill!

O'Sheas is around the corner to The Baldy Man, which would be open on the Saturday. The Vic isn't to far from there. Download the Tramore Map and you can look it up - Baldy Man is on Turkey Rd (beside Millenium Pizza which is indicated on map), O'Sheas is on Strand St. and The Vic is on Queen St (also indicated on map).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

forgive poor sully here he don,t get out to much as he,s usually patrolling around boards looking for trolls lol, there,s more of a choice then the vic and the baldy!!!!! right where your staying o shea,s have spot called the slip inn it a late bar and usually has a dj across from that you have cul tra gets a good crowd if they have decent band in there and murphs just up a bit from there gets good bands also and has a great atmosphere to it!! the vic can tend to be a bit of a bore as they don,t always have a band in there! and if ya wanna pay a fiver to have a boogie on the dance floor then your best bet is the baldy

forgive poor sully here he don,t get out to much as he,s usually patrolling around boards looking for trolls lol, there,s more of a choice then the vic and the baldy!!!!! right where your staying o shea,s have spot called the slip inn it a late bar and usually has a dj across from that you have cul tra gets a good crowd if they have decent band in there and murphs just up a bit from there gets good bands also and has a great atmosphere to it!! the vic can tend to be a bit of a bore as they don,t always have a band in there! and if ya wanna pay a fiver to have a boogie on the dance floor then your best bet is the baldy

I never said there wasn't more choice ;). I said there was only one Club in Tramore (unless they re-opened the HiB or whatever name its under now) and loads of pubs. The Vic is her age group and is a fairly decent bar imo, as is Murphs. The other bars have a much more mixed age group. I keep forgetting about The Slip Inn and Cul Tra, there decent choices considering she is staying right beside them.

exactly and not too far to travel when falling out pissed drunk lookin for chips and your bed!!! as for the vic used be very keen on the place but not so much so now for some reason!!!! the hib afaik is opening back as nite club!!!! OP if you wanna pub crawl its handy cos ya can start up at the top of the town at o neills and it all down hill from there visit each pub along the way have done it many a time its great laugh with group of people!!!

Im a girl btw Sully;)

Im a girl btw Sully;)

My apologises ;)

• Advertisement

lol ah now sully how on earth did ya think she was a he with the name ANDREAc?????@ OP hope the info we,re giving ya is of help to ya and hope ya enjoy your stay here in tramore

lol ah now sully how on earth did ya think she was a he with the name ANDREAc?????@ OP hope the info we,re giving ya is of help to ya and hope ya enjoy your stay here in tramore

Absolutely no idea how I never noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭ak51535

haha funny!
    yeah slip inn and cúl trá are great places to go!

Ha, funny, yes the info i have been given is great and im looking forward to spending the night in tramore, sounds like we might have a bit of craic!!

So any chance of bumping into any of you guys down there?:D

So any chance of bumping into any of you guys down there?:D

If I ever go out in Tramore, there not places I would tend to go!

House parts ftw!

Advertisement