Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Roster/Shifts

• 08-06-2009 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there...
    Just wondering about the different shifts that gardai work...
    I know there's three : Early, late and night...
    But on what days do you work each of these?
    Is there a set roster of does the seargent just bring you in whenever you're needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DCTF

Are you for real? Just bring us in ad-hoc?

In the city there are 4 units ABCD. They work in rotation over the 3 shifts over the roster with one unit doing 7 nights in a row. Others are working resting. 28 Day roster you get a long weekend before your nights. Thats about it to be honest!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nelopee

DCTF wrote: »
    Are you for real? Just bring us in ad-hoc?

In the city there are 4 units ABCD. They work in rotation over the 3 shifts over the roster with one unit doing 7 nights in a row. Others are working resting. 28 Day roster you get a long weekend before your nights. Thats about it to be honest!.
    So what, you have a week of nights, then a week of earlies then a week of lates?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DCTF

Right take unit A as an example; Roster Starting 1 June

F-Free
    E-Early
    L-Late
    N-Night

F F L L E L L E E F F L E E L L E E F F F N N N N N N N

7 Days off, however 1 include your rest day from the night before
    7 Lates
    7 Nights
    7 Early

Next roster begins 29 June back at the start again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

DCTF wrote: »
    Right take unit A as an example; Roster Starting 1 June

F-Free
    E-Early
    L-Late
    N-Night

F F L L E L L E E F F L E E L L E E F F F N N N N N N N

7 Days off, however 1 include your rest day from the night before
    7 Lates
    7 Nights
    7 Early

Next roster begins 29 June back at the start again.

OP

Thats the city roster above which tbh I have no idea of cos I never worked it.

Country roster is as follows:

N - nights
    L - Lates
    E = Earlies
    L/E -= a split split shift (basically the one unit covers both shifts)
    R = Resting

Roster below is Unit B on country roster

Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
    Week 1 E E R R N N N
    week 2 L L E E R R R
    week 3 N N L L E E R
    week 4 R R N N L L E/L

EDIT: I cannot seem to edit my post for the roster but if you write it out and match the days with the shifts you will get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

there is also a (country) city roster that works a full week of nights but also has 2 weekends off, does anyone know the exact lay out of it, i know the week of nights starts on a wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Okay maybe someone can explain to me to honest to God point in anyone except members of An Garda Siochana actually having a copy of the country and city rosters?

I think people have enough information on members besides knowing when shifts start and end and when members will be coming to and leaving their places of work.

This thread just doesn't sit right with me personally.

the garda roster is public knowledge so it makes no difference whether it is on this website or not, i am making an enquiry into a particular one that effects very few stations, i could just ring the garda station and ask them but i dont want to waste their time with something i can have anwsered else where

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Okay maybe someone can explain to me to honest to God point in anyone except members of An Garda Siochana actually having a copy of the country and city rosters?

I think people have enough information on members besides knowing when shifts start and end and when members will be coming to and leaving their places of work.

This thread just doesn't sit right with me personally.

Don't get why people are concerned with it either but wouldn't call it sensitive information. Sure St Peter's Credit Union give out Calenders with rosters on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Just to add the confusion non 24 hour stations often have different rosters and different times. generally though i think they work off the same system with rest periods etc the same

so to get back to my question does anyone know the country city roster where the week of nights starts on a wednesday

• Advertisement
Advertisement