Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you Allergic to?

Options
  • 08-06-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

hey just wondering what food you can't eat ?
    Im pretty lucky that im not hugely allergic to anything other then condensed milk which seems to make me projectile vomit :eek::confused:but rules out banoffe pie :(...

whats your's

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No allergies to food or anything. (But I don't like rhubarb pie for some reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Not allergic to any food. Thankfully, as I do like food :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Drinking milk gives me stomach cramps and makes me nauseous (quite possibly all in my head though cos other dairy products like chocolate and cheese just make me happy :) ) My little sister gets hives if she eats cheese, that would just break my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

People who say they are 'allergic' to something just because they don't like it. Grr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

olaola wrote: »
    People who say they are 'allergic' to something just because they don't like it. Grr..

+1

You're allergic to something if it causes you serious symptoms and you've been diagnosed with an allergy to it. Not if you've decided that when in a certain form it makes you feel a bit funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Kiwis... My throat retracts and eh, tries to kill me! Tasty...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Luckily enough i'm not allergic to anything i know of, food or otherwise...but i DO want to get an allergy testing done just incase ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

eggs=spots all over for a day or two.I know weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Most bread and some cakes give me stomach upsets and other rather nasty problems, presume I'm not allergic to it, just that my body hates it with a passion :)

I assume if I ever ate cat I'd have an allergy attack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

taram wrote: »
    Most bread and some cakes give me stomach upsets and other rather nasty problems, presume I'm not allergic to it, just that my body hates it with a passion :)

I assume if I ever ate cat I'd have an allergy attack :D

Coeliac...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

No alergies, but have wheat intolerance. I have to eat as if I'ma coeliac, but its not serious, I still manage the odd slice of bread. Have IBS so there's alot I can't eat, but nothing I've an allergy to. Have a caffeine intolerance too.

All poultry! very strange i know. Havnt eaten chicken, duck, turkey or flamingo in 12 years. My throat closes up. Its fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Fringe wrote: »
    Coeliac...?

No, assume it's some sort ofcommercial additive or maybe yeast? Pain in the ass though, literally :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

No, assume it's some sort ofcommercial additive or maybe yeast? Pain in the ass though, literally :o

Yeast in bread/cakes etc is killed off while it's baking as there's only a very small amount used, so it doesn't cause a problem for people with a yeast intolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

You maybe should get checked for coeliac disease, "pain in the ass, literally" being one of the main outward symptoms of it... My fiance is coeliac, keeps nibbling on my bread and other gluten-y tasty foods and then he bloats out like a pregnant woman. I'm lactose-intolerant, course, I love ice cream so it's torture in summertime :( Yes, dinner parties are fun around our way...no wheat, no cream, no fun!

Advertisement