Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Timetable Clashes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Is that possible....What do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nimmy

Religion, Italian and Japanese!
    Going to be the most tiring day of my life! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Wow, three subjects that I'd never take!
    Good luck with that =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

what ..it wasn't suppose to happen ? lol...

i hope one of them was your native lanuage at least or else ur a lanuage genius:p

haha! I think that's my problem! I'm not a language genius! I don't know how I'm going to manage to get the grades that I want with all that in one day!
    So, has nobody heard of it happening to anyone else (three in one day)?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

it's really strange, i heard that they changed the timetable this yr because there was one person's timetable clashed last yr..one person in the whole ireland..

the way they did arranged the timetable was to make sure no ones timtable would clash...i say you better talk to your school about it..they would have to ring the dept..:o

your special indeed, you could be the only one in ireland this yr ;)

wow, really?
    My school did ring the department, and my parents did. They're basically telling me tough luck!
    I finish at 9.20PM on the 19th!
    Everyone will be out celebrating before me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

3 people in my school have Russian, Irish and Business tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

That's not strange

Maths, irish and lithuanian today , loads do :D

And my friend has irish, russian and a business also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

wow, I didnt even know that was possible.

• Advertisement

And i think Polish is also on today ...

Loads of native languages you have to do as a 3rd test unless it was the same time as irish but some also do irish so..

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Nimmy wrote: »
    Religion, Italian and Japanese!
    Going to be the most tiring day of my life! :P

was your mother on joe duffy? no?

Yeah, she was actually!
    Oh right, so, it's not that unusual, is it?
    It just seems a bit much, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Nimmy wrote: »
    Yeah, she was actually!
    Oh right, so, it's not that unusual, is it?
    It just seems a bit much, I think.

if every exam was to have a single slot the exams would go on for another couple of weeks. This wouldn't allow grades to be issued on time. There are students every year who have an exam clash where two exams are on at the same time, Ag Science and Applied Maths used to be on at the same time on the last day. The SEC do try to minimise the clashes as best they can. It is hard to timetable 60000 students with no clashes.

if every exam was to have a single slot the exams would go on for another couple of weeks. This wouldn't allow grades to be issued on time. There are students every year who have an exam clash where two exams are on at the same time, Ag Science and Applied Maths used to be on at the same time on the last day. The SEC do try to minimise the clashes as best they can. It is hard to timetable 60000 students with no clashes.

I know what you're saying, obviously it would be difficult. There should just be some way of dealing with students who have three on one day. Like sequestering students or something.
    I'm not trying to cause an argument or anything, I'm just basically saying, damn, this sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

What exam are you doing last . . . . . Italian is goin to be my last one . . . .

Japanese is my last. I'll be doing Italian at the same time as you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Can anyone do languages like polish or lithuanian,or do you have to be from that country??I though it was a substitute for English for people from those countries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Hi Niamh ;)

Hey Fiona :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Sucks tbh but I doubt they'll change anything for you at this late stage if they've already made up their minds.

Yeah I know, I'm not really expecting anything to change at this stage. I was just posting to see how many other people are in the same boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

hungarian was on today too...2 in my centre were doing it :)

poisonated wrote: »
    Can anyone do languages like polish or lithuanian,or do you have to be from that country??I though it was a substitute for English for people from those countries

Yes anybody can do it but i do not think people could study lithuanian grammar :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Friend of mine has Religion and Applied Maths at the same time.

I found this absolutely hysterical.

So I'll have had a few drinks by the time he's done. :D

(He doesnt drink so he wont be missing out though :))

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

It sounds horrific! Especially considering you're practically doing 5 exams in one day with the listenings and all! Best of luck!!

Advertisement