Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks Open For Business - My Arse!

Options
  • 08-06-2009 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just received confirmation by post today that my application for a 100k mortage was rejected. I make 30k a year, own 2 profitable and successfull companies, owe about 5k personally in total and am currently living rent free. I have 10k deposit saved and AIB are not interested!:mad:
    (I gernarally bank with BOI, however, AIB are the only ones that would quote on a mortage below 150k)

Mortage repayments on the above ammount are 100quid (approx) a week!

Some please explain why tax payers money is being spent by banking institutes on massive advertising campaigns saying " Hey, were open for business, dont worry"

Utter bullsh1t once again.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

How long have you been in business?
    No offense but it sounds strange that you are running two successful companies but you are only making 30k!!

I agree the whole "bank open for business" is total shi*e.
    They just are not lending. They are not taking the risk. Simply as.

It is unfair especially as we are injecting our own taxes into them.

Give you a good one. I was turned down for a 4k loan on a 35k salary with no mortgage and clean ICB report!!

/end rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bistro

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Give you a good one. I was turned down for a 4k loan on a 35k salary with no mortgage and clean ICB report!!

Balls to that! And your credit sounds clean as a whistle!

1st business has being going 4 years now with 3 years audited accounts. Second business only 2 years. I take a salary of 30k because its all i need. Ive always ploughed cash back into building and imporving the companies. (In relation to getting a mortgage, this probally doesnt make any sense whatsoever to some underwriter in a darkened room somewhere!)

Best bit is AIB wont even give me the smallest hint as to why they refused the application - would a little hint not be a productive undertaking for all involved???

Anyone know where one might find info on that governement mortgage thing they were ranting about months back???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What's the LTV of the Loan vs Value of the Property?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bistro

stepbar wrote: »
    What's the LTV of the Loan vs Value of the Property?

Will get the property for approx 110k. I have 10k, so LTV will be 92%.

Update: Just got a call back from lady in AIB who says to me the main reason for not lending is because im self employed and in the current climate, thats a very unsecure profession!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

bistro wrote: »
    Will get the property for approx 110k. I have 10k, so LTV will be 92%.

Update: Just got a call back from lady in AIB who says to me the main reason for not lending is because im self employed and in the current climate, thats a very unsecure profession!

great answer.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement