Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liquid damage but accidental guarantee

Options
  • 08-06-2009 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

My lap top got wet-very wet recently when i contacted the manufacturer for a replacement they said they would repair it only. Afaik liquid damage destroys a computer so what good witha repair do. Any ideas?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i'd say if they can't fix it they'll replace it if that's what the gurantee says, let it off to them and see what happens...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Odds are once they look at it and found its water damage they may charge for the repair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Do you have some sort of insurance or paid-for additional warranty? Sometimes, these don't cover certain types of damage, especially if it could have been caused deliberately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If you dry circuit boards thoroughly after getting wet, there is a good chance they will work fine afterwards. And even if irrepairable damage has been caused, in all likelihood only certain parts will be replaced - it won't have taken out every component in the system.

Obviously, if they suspect something dodgy about how it got wet, you may have invalidated the guarantee...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

water damage voids warranty whether it was accidental or intentional it doesn't matter. The customer has to have insurance. They will give you new laptop as it would be cheaper to do so than to replace 3/4 parts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement