Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste disposal in the City...

Options
  • 08-06-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I've recently moved right into the city centre and wondering about the waste disposal services,

Currently in the house we have a city bin bag thing that we buy, trouble is the bag is just far to big to fit into a normal big so it ends up just sitting out in the kitchen and looks pretty bad,

I've read the council and barna waste do bag services but haven't seen them in the shops, Does anyone use any of these services and can recommend them ?

Also is there any of them services' that take Glass? Seems really strange to me having all this recycling bags but nothing for glass bottles

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For glass bring it to a bottle bank

More info here

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

leave the city bin bag until you have four or five small black bins filled from your kitchen bin, then put those bins into the city bin co bag (back yard or sometihng?)

i had similar problems, the bags are business size, not for homes really, and end up smelling quite fast if you cant fill em!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Council bags are the same size, and I'm pretty sure Barna waste are too.

As someone said, smelly to leave the rubbish lying around for a few weeks 'til the bag fills up.

Any chance of sharing a bag with a neighbour? This can be hard, I know, but with the right neighour it might work.

If you have a really big freezer, one option is to freeze the stuff that would smell, and just put it out (frozen!) every few weeks. Needs a lot of freezer space though (and make sure you don't accidentally get out spud-peelings to have for dinner tonight.)

I've got another (better) suggestion, which I'll PM you. It's safe, legal etc, but I just don't want to post it here.

Advertisement