Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance is up...

• 08-06-2009 3:04pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got my renewal quote for my Ducati Monster and happy to say it's down from 800 last year to 550 this year. Just to see I called Adelaide and AON and they were both more expensive. Is there anyone else worth trying or are Quinn usually the best?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I've yet to get a better quote than Quinn so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Quinn are usually the cheapest but you better hope to God you don't have to put it for a claim... I'd rather pay a little extra and stay with Adelaide. I'll sleep better at night!

Zascar wrote: »
    Got my renewal quote for my Ducati Monster and happy to say it's down from 800 last year to 550 this year. Just to see I called Adelaide and AON and they were both more expensive. Is there anyone else worth trying or are Quinn usually the best?
    Did you try Carole Nash (for the laugh!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭russki

Did you try Carole Nash (for the laugh!)?

I'm with CN and after ringing Quinn and getting better quote from them, CN was ready to drop few quid lower than Quinn's quote.

Still want to ring the others and see if I can push it further down. :-)

Quinn are usually the cheapest but you better hope to God you don't have to put it for a claim...

Did you have problems with them? I was about to switch to them for this year and you make me thinking twice now :-)

• Advertisement

russki wrote: »
    Did you have problems with them? I was about to switch to them for this year and you make me thinking twice now :-)
    I never had a problem cos I was only insured with them for one year. Everybody else who had to put in a claim (or anything else for that matter) seem to despise them. Go have a look at Biker.ie and search for Quinn-related threads. It's scary! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

me mate has made claims with quinn and he said he had no problems at all.

Just to see I called Adelaide and AON and they were both more expensive.

Same here. Adelaide couldn't beat my CN quote. Turned out to be nearly 100 quid more expensive.

adelaide are 461 fully comp for me next month on the gixxer. Im happy with that and to lazy to ring around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

seanybiker wrote: »
    adelaide are 461 fully comp for me next month on the gixxer. Im happy with that and to lazy to ring around.

Well, there you go then.

As long as you are happy with the price, and what you get for it.

• Advertisement

Was actually suprised at the quote I got, considering I just got my prov. licence the same day I got insured :pac: €1075 on a CB400F, fully comp with breakdown assistance, I thought it was alright ;)

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Was actually suprised at the quote I got, considering I just got my prov. licence the same day I got insured :pac: €1075 on a CB400F, fully comp with breakdown assistance, I thought it was alright ;)
    That's very good! ;)

That's very good! ;)

Yea I thought so too ;)

how old are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 boo-urns

I got my 1098 insured with AON this year for €446 fully comp with breakdown assistance - a good €230 cheaper than Quinn, who I was with previously.
    This quote did include a discount as I have car Insurance as well so if you have car insurance you'd probably be better off going with AON.
    FYI the Quinn renewal quote had increased from the previous year, when I told them about the quote from AON they said they couldn't match it (unless I got home insurance and health insurance from them too)

seanybiker wrote: »
    how old are ya?

22 ;)

KamiKazi wrote: »
    22 ;)
    Jesus thats a really good price then. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm in roughly the same boat as Zascar, Quinn have given me a fairly significant reduction on last years insurance so I'll take it and hope for the best over the next 12 months.

Hopefully on my next renewal I'll be up to 2 years NCB with a full licence. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm down to €557 on my renewal, happy with that. I'm going to ring around just in case as I'm over 25 now.

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm down to 557 on my renewal, happy with that. I'm going to ring around just in case as I'm over 25 now.
    Goes down a bit at 25 alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Quinn are great i had a claim with them and it was sorted no hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

started own thread,

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Update: I had forgot to call up and renew my policy but they just called me there asking what I'm doing. It was €580 - I asked if they could do any better - I adjusted the value of what the bike is worth, now that its another year older, and they knocked off another €100 off the policy! Nice!

Update: I had forgot to call up and renew my policy but they just called me there asking what I'm doing. It was €580 - I asked if they could do any better - I adjusted the value of what the bike is worth, now that its another year older, and they knocked off another €100 off the policy! Nice!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you knock off the price of the bike? Mine is up next Friday.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well when I bought my bike 1 year ago, I brought it in from the UK and paid 4.5k in total - but reckoned it would have cost me a lot more over here - so for insurance purposes I valued it at 7k (Possibly overoptimistic but ok for insurance). Now I only reckon its work 4k - more realistic - so that is what I told them. Bike is a 2005 Monster 620ie

Thats definitely a big enough drop to justify taking a few more quid off your policy. I must try that with Quinn this evening.

Advertisement