Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's credit rating cut again by S&P

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Flushed away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Beers said: 'Our revised opinion follows the recent announcement by Anglo Irish Bank of losses at the upper end of S&P's expectations, as well as the government's announced intentions regarding the scope of the operations of the new NAMA.'
    That's terrible news. In fairness, as bad as this is, we would have to drop another two ratings to be in very serious trouble, we are still well within the safe investment/ low credit risk pool

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

We are now on the slippery part of the slope. Deficits increasing leading to more borrowing as interest rates increase to reflect the credit rating deterioration. I can understand why FG and Labour do not want to form a government at this time. What I do not understand is why FF insists on going down with the ship instead of taking the position that they have done the best they could and now would be an opportune time to turn over the government to a FG led coalition who may have fresh ideas. All for the good of the country of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Perhaps they forecast that the bottom of the arc is coming in the next year. It would be wonderful FG propaganda to take the wheel at such a time, and take the credit for steering Ireland back on the road to stability and fixing the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I really think it's time to stop caring, we are really up the creek without a paddle...
    Time to forget about what S&P etc are saying and plough on....
    I know it seems a rather laissez faire attitude to our finances but we are in a far better position than in the 80's...We were a force to be reckoned with and with some good strategy maybe we can do it again..

• Advertisement
Advertisement