Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Managing Finances

• 08-06-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

How are people getting on with managing the finances of their club?

I'm just about to get promoted to division 3 and was just about breaking even on the balance books after making 6 or so signing this season to bolster the squad.

I've improved my training facilites (up to grade 3 due to be finished this week) and just ordered growth in the stadium to 6,000 - most games were selling out at 5,000 so thought I'd increase it for next season, but the cost was quite big (180k - put in good quality seats etc.), but now I can't afford to advertise for coaches to improve on their grade to use in my new facilities and probably wont be able to afford to buy players next season, and while I coasted this season (took over after about 3 games, my team had already lost a match, I went on to win all my games, most with bonus point, and lost one away game but picked up losing bp), I'd say next season will be a big step up.

I'm looking at trimming my squad to save on wages, but it seems the main factor hampering me is developing the club. Am I taking on too much too soon?

And is there anyway to now recoup some money or will I just have to wait it out and maybe take a stop gap season in division 3 and try to hold on so that the following season I may have money to improve the sqaud again and try and get promoted?

It's probably the most crucial element to your club is getting the finances right...I feel like I might have made a bit of a balls of it now though...hopefully the new facilities will go a long way to paying for themselves before long..plus timing wasn't great I suppose with one game left in the season...away!! haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

[Jackass] wrote: »
    How are people getting on with managing the finances of their club?

I'm just about to get promoted to division 3 and was just about breaking even on the balance books after making 6 or so signing this season to bolster the squad.

I've improved my training facilites (up to grade 3 due to be finished this week) and just ordered growth in the stadium to 6,000 - most games were selling out at 5,000 so thought I'd increase it for next season, but the cost was quite big (180k - put in good quality seats etc.), but now I can't afford to advertise for coaches to improve on their grade to use in my new facilities and probably wont be able to afford to buy players next season, and while I coasted this season (took over after about 3 games, my team had already lost a match, I went on to win all my games, most with bonus point, and lost one away game but picked up losing bp), I'd say next season will be a big step up.

I'm looking at trimming my squad to save on wages, but it seems the main factor hampering me is developing the club. Am I taking on too much too soon?

And is there anyway to now recoup some money or will I just have to wait it out and maybe take a stop gap season in division 3 and try to hold on so that the following season I may have money to improve the sqaud again and try and get promoted?

It's probably the most crucial element to your club is getting the finances right...I feel like I might have made a bit of a balls of it now though...hopefully the new facilities will go a long way to paying for themselves before long..plus timing wasn't great I suppose with one game left in the season...away!! haha

The game really stops you from developing too quickly doesn't it. I did the same, bought a few decent players but now because of wages i have to keep my investment level in the academy to 5,000 just to break even. Slow improvements across the board is the only way to go i think. You will get an extra sponsor first week of next season though, so maybe you should have waited till then to see how you stand:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

First thing i did was go into the red for the sake of putting more bums on the seats and slowly worked my way back up. I played smartly with the transfers, chances are the quality players available are either going to cost loads or force you into a bidding war. So iv managed to get medium CSR guys who have repayed me kind (Riso your a genius at 13).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ya I'm the same. I've been in the red most weeks. The only weeks i'm not is when I have match at home so I have revenue from the match(170,000 each time). I haven't really spend big on players either. I've bought 7 players, developed my training facilities to level 2. The advertising for new coaches is killing me though! Alos how do u check and see how many people are coming to your matches each time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Regarding wages, maybe you could trim the squad down to 25 players, with three really low CSR players to spend the absolute minimum on wages?

suppafly wrote: »
    Ya I'm the same. I've been in the red most weeks. The only weeks i'm not is when I have match at home so I have revenue from the match(170,000 each time). I haven't really spend big on players either. I've bought 7 players, developed my training facilities to level 2. The advertising for new coaches is killing me though! Alos how do u check and see how many people are coming to your matches each time?

The attendance is noted at every game screen.

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Regarding wages, maybe you could trim the squad down to 25 players, with three really low CSR players to spend the absolute minimum on wages?

Blackout rugby requires you to have at least 26 active players

suppafly wrote: »
    Blackout rugby requires you to have at least 26 active players

25 I think you'll find. ;)

Orizio wrote: »
    25 I think you'll find. ;)
    I have 30 in my squad at the mo, 4 are on sale and if i try and fire anyone else it says i need 25 active. I would have 25 left so what do they mean by active?

Advertisement