Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does npe stand for?

Options
  • 08-06-2009 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I think it refers to a project that provides classes to be used in other projects, rather than a complete application itself.
    I put a small project up on codeplex a while ago. I saw that it had been tagged with "Silverlight NPE" (pretty sure I didn't do that myself)

list of projects with the same tag:

http://www.codeplex.com/site/search?projectSearchText=npe&sortBy=Relevance&tagName=%2cSilverlight%20NPE%2c&licenses=|&refinedSearch=true

edit:
    non-profit enterprise? - doesn't make sense really though since it's an open-source server - so that should describe most of the projects
    null pointer exception? - shouldn't be that. There are a good few projects listed there some of which have string reputations. I'm not aware of any errors in my own project. If someone did have an error would they not give feedback rather than tag the project?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Non-Production Environment i would think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Thanks. I don't think that applies to the project though, or to most of the projects listed. I think maybe it does stand for nullpointerexception in this context. Not aware of any bugs in it - maybe there was one in the first version, or maybe they referenced the class wrongly while adding it to their own project.
    Whatever it was, I'd have greatly preferred feedback on any bugs discovered instead of tagging the project with an error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

NPE = NullPointerException

Get used to seeing them :)

Advertisement