Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welfare Office/Info Blackrock?

• 08-06-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm living in Blackrock and am looking to apply for state benefits, where is the nearest office? Is there one in Blackrock or would I go to Dun Laoirghre?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Morzadec wrote: »
    Hi I'm living in Blackrock and am looking to apply for state benefits, where is the nearest office? Is there one in Blackrock or would I go to Dun Laoirghre?

Dún Laoghaire is the nearest official office anyway, but you might be able to pick up forms or information in the Post Office in Frascati shopping centre. Probably better off popping down to Dún Laoghaire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Dún Laoghaire is the nearest official office anyway, but you might be able to pick up forms or information in the Post Office in Frascati shopping centre. Probably better off popping down to Dún Laoghaire though.

Nice one thanks. Any idea where it's located and what the opening hours are?

Is there any time I should avoid in which it will be very busy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Morzadec wrote: »
    Nice one thanks. Any idea where it's located and what the opening hours are?
    It's down the Monkstown end of the town on Cumberland Street near IADT.
    Is there any time I should avoid in which it will be very busy?
    No idea tbh, though I'd imagine lunchtime wouldn't be the best time as they might have less staff around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

There are regularly queues around the corner. It is the one where the RTE stock footage of 'long dole queues' was filmed at. Perhaps some of the regulars can tell you which days/times are quietest.

I think after lunch may be less of a queue. The longes queues I have witnessed there were around the 9-10am mark on various days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Here the address and opening hours
    Social Welfare office Dun Laoghaire

The really long queues are on the signing on days i.e. when people that are already on dole have to sign that they still are. But they use a diffent entrance and hatch than those that apply or query something.
    As you want to apply you're not affected by the long queue but I'd say you still should have some time on your hands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement