If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW Philips BDP3000 Blu Ray Player

Options
  • 08-06-2009 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'll be seeing the latest Philips BluRay Player this week, the BDP3000
    It's a Profile 2 player thats DivX compatiable and should come supplied with Slumdog Millionaire on BR I've been told.

A little spec below.

www.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp3000_12/bdp3000_12_pss_aen.pdf

We will be selling this player a reduced price - I'll let you know what it is when I have them......

It will be a BARGIN thats for sure.

Cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Sounds good, I have been keeping an eye out for a BluRay player so will be very interested in the price.

Can you play movies/music from a Hard Disk connected to the USB port?
    Regards
    John

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi All

I'll be seeing the latest Philips BluRay Player this week, the BDP3000
    It's a Profile 2 player thats DivX compatiable and should come supplied with Slumdog Millionaire on BR I've been told.

A little spec below.

www.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp3000_12/bdp3000_12_pss_aen.pdf

We will be selling this player a reduced price - I'll let you know what it is when I have them......

It will be a BARGIN thats for sure.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Jspuds

Yep it will be a very nice price....

I'd say no, but have asked the question across to Philips. I'll let you know what they say.
    What the USB is intended for is to add memory in the shape of a USB key to enable the BD-Live to work as this requires storage space on the machine. Generally it's recomenned that you use at least 1gb.

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash
    Hi Jspuds

Yep it will be a very nice price....

I'd say no, but have asked the question across to Philips. I'll let you know what they say.
    What the USB is intended for is to add memory in the shape of a USB key to enable the BD-Live to work as this requires storage space on the machine. Generally it's recomenned that you use at least 1gb.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Any price on this yet as.
    Can it be region unlocked for DVD's?!

Hi Cabrwab

It can't as yet be unlocked for DVD's - only time will tell if this can be done.

Pricing coming soon.
    It will be good!

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Pity Ash,
    be the main selling point for me!!

Hey all!

We got the new Philips BDP3000 in today!

These are the first batch of them we've seen and we are doing them at a verrrrry special price...€169.99.

Thats with BD Live profile 2.0! and Dolby TrueHD for 7.1 surround sound.

The 20 we got in also have a free copy of Slumdog Millionaire on BR included. Not sure if this is a once off but makes it a sweet package all round.

Give us a shout in The Philips Shop or pop in and have a look.

Nicola.

Very interested i'll try and get into to see it tomorrow

Hey all!

We got the new Philips BDP3000 in today!

These are the first batch of them we've seen and we are doing them at a verrrrry special price...€169.99.

Thats with BD Live profile 2.0! and Dolby TrueHD for 7.1 surround sound.

The 20 we got in also have a free copy of Slumdog Millionaire on BR included. Not sure if this is a once off but makes it a sweet package all round.

Give us a shout in The Philips Shop or pop in and have a look.

Nicola.

Hi Jspuds

The BDP3000 will be winging its way to you Monday.

Enjoy it!
    Oh it's good to see lots of offers on BR films now in the various retailers - down to sensible money now..

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash, super efficient as always. I forgot to check if the HDMI cable is 2M?

Hi Jspuds

The BDP3000 will be winging its way to you Monday.

Enjoy it!
    Oh it's good to see lots of offers on BR films now in the various retailers - down to sensible money now..

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

My pleasure

It's 1.5mtrs. I do have 5mtr and 10mtr in the prenium range if you need,
    The 5mtr has a Boardies special price of €19.99 (its €49.99 in store)

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash 1.5m will be a bit tight but should do the trick
    My pleasure

It's 1.5mtrs. I do have 5mtr and 10mtr in the prenium range if you need,
    The 5mtr has a Boardies special price of €19.99 (its €49.99 in store)

Cheers
    Ash

Hi All

Just a little update on the price of the BDP3000

My first batch sold out over the weekend at €169.99 (the introductory price) - more popular than I thought they'd be!

I have more due in (today I hope) but these will revert to €199.99.

Dont forget you can take your 10% Boards discount from this price.

Cheers
    Ash

Ash

I'm delighted with the BDP3000 player, picture quality is excellent and the sound is really clear.
    Many thanks for all your help.
    Regards
    John

Hi John

Yep its a pretty neat player alright.
    Gives you a reason to build a large BR collection...

Glad your enjoying it

atb
    Ash

Hi Folks

The price of this player has dropped a little to €189.99.
    If you ask REALLY nicely you can have your 10% discount off that as well....

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

Hi Ash

Can you confirm if this player is multiregion for SD and or Bluray disks?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Pastor

It isn't i'm afraid.
    There is no hacks for it as yet to unlock the DVD region coding (same goes for BR discs)

I've brought this question up with the Philips Tech people and (not suprisingly) have been told that it cant be mod'ded - google searching for hacks seems to confirm this - so far at least.

As for region coding on BR discs, Warner, Universal and Paramount generally don't code their discs. Most others do, however it can be hit and miss sometimes - Disney for instance coded the 1st Narnia film ABC (all regions playback) but the 2nd Narnia film was locked too Region B in Europe.

If we turn up a mod for SD or BR it will be posted up here straight away.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

Can you supply a multiregion BR player that has DIVX compatability and is reasonably priced?

Thank

Paul
    Hi Pastor

It isn't i'm afraid.
    There is no hacks for it as yet to unlock the DVD region coding (same goes for BR discs)

I've brought this question up with the Philips Tech people and (not suprisingly) have been told that it cant be mod'ded - google searching for hacks seems to confirm this - so far at least.

As for region coding on BR discs, Warner, Universal and Paramount generally don't code their discs. Most others do, however it can be hit and miss sometimes - Disney for instance coded the 1st Narnia film ABC (all regions playback) but the 2nd Narnia film was locked too Region B in Europe.

If we turn up a mod for SD or BR it will be posted up here straight away.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Pastor

Well the BDP3000 will happily play DIVX AND is reasonably priced but no region mod for it.
    This is a question may be better directed to the guys in Richer, they may have a machine that can be mod'ed.

Cheers Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

Hi, I just found looking in google, for hack bdp3000, a code to make it region free (in theory, as I still don't have it and cannot try it, it is the first link found)

The moment I get it, will try it and update.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

brilliant! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

A region-free dvd hack was published on Videohelp yesterday but it hasn't been confirmed by further posting as yet. Videohelp is a usually excellent and reliable source of hacks, but in the normal course of events I would caution that only clearly proven hacks should be tried out, unless you have the appropriate media and knowledge to reset your firmware.

In any case you should note that hacks found on the net are used at your own risk.

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The Ritz wrote: »
    A region-free dvd hack was published on Videohelp yesterday but it hasn't been confirmed by further posting as yet. Videohelp is a usually excellent and reliable source of hacks, but in the normal course of events I would caution that only clearly proven hacks should be tried out, unless you have the appropriate media and knowledge to reset your firmware.

In any case you should note that hacks found on the net are used at your own risk.

Ritz.

Guys - I agree 200% with Ritzie - we will try the hack on one of our BDP3000's 1st, run it for a couple of days and report back...

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Guys

We'll be the guinea pigs on this - will try the code out on our shop player and report back.

I'll grab one of my R1 DVD's and Zone A BR discs later today and give it a shot

Fingers crossed eh!

Ash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Ash,

I had assumed that the hack was onlt intended to make it region-free for DVD, not BR - lots of BR discs labelled Region A are in fact not region locked, I usually consult http://bluray.liesinc.net/ for info.

Watching with interest..............

Ritz.

Hi Guys

Ok as I was very curious about this myself I took a little stroll home and grabbed a R1 DVD and Zone A BR.

And this is what I found......
    You can now play Region 1 DVD's no worries on your BDP3000.

It doesnt unlock the BR region code though.
    Hi Ritz Yeah I've discovered that myself - "There will be blood" on BR was marked as A on the BR discs sold in HMV worked fine in my "B" locked player - i've seen a few others like that as well.

So thats a good bit of news as far as R1 DVD's are concerned at least

Folks if you decide to modify your machine be careful whilst doing so as Philips warranty wont cover it if you stuff it up - they frown upon this sort of thing!!!

cheers
    Ash

Ash, that's excellent news, Philips have traditionally been very easy to handset hack, nice to see it continue. The "frowning" from Philips is understandable as they are probably bound by the terms of licences/agreements rearding region locking by territory etc.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Thanks all and for guinea pig trialls!!! Is ther ea firmware update for the unit yet, can't see one on the philips site? Also if it did "stuff it up" would a firmware reinstall fix it?

Cheers
    Hick

• Advertisement

Hi Hick

This is the link to the latest firmware
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=IE&slg=ENG&cat=DVD_HOME_THEATER_CA&sct=DVD_PLAYERS_SU&session=20090813132742_83.70.176.90&grp=HOME_ENTERTAINMENT_GR&ctn=BDP3000/05&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software

nice an short link that....only release a few weeks back

Ritz your right - but once its yours you can do whatever you like to it - just a disclaimer as this sort of mod'ding isn't officially authorized.

It worked grand on ours in the shop.
    atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.