Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wood Pellet Boiler Element

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

Hi,

You have described what we call a gas over, most likely too many pellets on the grate the system tries to start a second time but the ignition is very slow causing a build up of gas which when ignited caused a small explosion in the chamber.

Not jumping to conclusions but I have only seen this happen on boilers where the air holes in the burn grate were blocked, an ignitor near end of life (slow starting) or over feed of pellet smouldering in the ash pan which again causes the build up of gas.

A good cleaning or have the unit serviced should solve the problem, suggest you check the flue etc is clean.

Fire brick I literally can't say.

Hope the above is of some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 MR PIGGY

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anybody knows where to get spare parts for Kedco boilers. I'm looking for a photo cell. I think there was a place in Cork (Not Kedco). If anybody knows please tell me as its bleedin freezing here now!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Hi Mr Piggy. I think baltimorepower.ie should be able to help you. They were able to help me with my problem above and the lady I dealt with was very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 MR PIGGY

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    Hi Mr Piggy. I think baltimorepower.ie should be able to help you. They were able to help me with my problem above and the lady I dealt with was very helpful.
    Cantwbr1: Cheers for that, i now remember having some dealings with this lady before, I actually managed to get a photo cell in my local hardware that did the trick nicely.
    Cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    We turned on our Kedco boiler today and there was some kind of explosion in it. My wife heard a loud bang and when she went to investigate there was smoke pouring out of it and the fire-brick/hatch in the top inspection hatch was in pieces.
    1) Anyone got an idea what might have happened
    2) Where can I get a replacement fire brick
    The boiler has been running daily since early October and the only issue has been the pellet feed is not perfect due to the silo shifting during the last feed.

All info greatfully accepted.

I had this issue recently, scared the ****e outa me - it was caused by an over feed of pellets onto the grate, smoke built up and a spark ignited it.

Advertisement