Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What To do in Sligo Area

Options
  • 08-06-2009 4:45pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I Visit my Girlfriend most weekend and sligo and was just wondering has anybody got any suggestions for activitys to do During the Day in the Sligo & Surrounding areas?

Currently been to:
    Strandhill,Mulachmoore,Streada,Coney Island, Bundoran,Glencarr

Its getting Boring visiting the same places feels very Fr ted :D

Cheers!

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

so who looks after her during the week...........ha just kidding!!

Have you climbed knocknarea(queen maeves grave)

Go see glencar waterfall

Go for a surf(srandhill, streedagh, fundoran)

Go check out the glen in strandhill. its on the road on the way to knocknarea. hard to describe how to get there but worth it.

Parks castle is close by too.

climb Ben Bulben

thats all i can think of for now..........if i can think of more il post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

go and see Eagels Flying in Ballymote and the donkey sanctuary in Castle Baldwin, stunning view up there and there is a beautifull glen nearby.

http://www.eaglesflying.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It's a bit farther away, but I thought the Arigna Mining Experience was fantastic.

There's also clay pigeon shooting out in Lough Bo, I had fun there too :D

Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery is really cool and costs very little, the tour is excellent.

There's the National Museum of Country Life in Mayo

Riverstown Folk Village in Riverstown Co. Sligo

A drive through west county Sligo wouldn't go amiss, beautiful scenery at the Ox Mountains, Surfing at Easkey and Enniscrone.

Golfing in Strandhill

There's plenty to do in Sligo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Take a boat to Inismurray from Mullaghmore.
    Drive around Gleniff Horseshoe (The Bull McSharry's house is worth seeing although very toned down now!)
    Tour Lough Gill and visit Parke's Castle (carefully restored)

or just look at the suggestions in http://www.sligotourism.ie/index.php?pagid=met1t00035

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

There's also Boyle Abbey. Free admission this year! :)

Or Carrowkeel near Castlebaldwin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

OX mountains... out the back of beyond. Nice for a drive bring a picnic etc do some walking. The Talt Lough is out there.

The woods, Hazelwood. Really really beautiful out there.

And then there is also a beautiful scenic drive around Lough Gill the views are absolutely outstanding. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Slishwood and doony rock at loch gill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

oooh yeah I forgot about hazelwood/slishwood

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Book the Celtic Seaweed Baths in Strandhill. Supposed to be a very good experience. Supposed to be great for cleansing and overall very good for you. Then you could have a few drinks in the strand and chill.

So good in fact I'm gonna book it in the next week or so.

http://www.voya.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

DenMan wrote: »
    Book the Celtic Seaweed Baths in Strandhill. Supposed to be a very good experience. Supposed to be great for cleansing and overall very good for you. Then you could have a few drinks in the strand and chill.

They're great for clearing the cobwebs away after a big session. And then, sure you'll need a pint after all that relaxin'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Hey Everyone thanks for all the Replies! Deffo going to Drag the gf to these if she likes it or not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

not a golfer myself but plenty of options that way too with strandhill and two courses in rosses point, then castle dargan and tubbercurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

DenMan wrote: »

They are so good, although it's has been like 9 years since i went there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

The forest park out near Boyle has some lovely walks too, and during the summer you can get a boat out to the castle on the island in the lake there - it's next on my list of things to visit. (the island I mean, go to the forest park itself regularly)

Advertisement