Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charity event - Ideas please

• 08-06-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I know there was something similar up here a month ago. Im looking to run a charity event.
    I want to keep buyin between 20-30 and most likely allow rebuys.

What do people think of this idea

25 + 10 reg/charity

15 rebuys with 2 allowed in total double top up if no rebuys taken. 5 taken from rebuys for charity.

Can i take more or could anyone think of a more profitable structure.

Im only expecting 20 to 30.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

30 players at €25 all to the prizepool with a 3k stack , then all the rebuys at say €10 for 4k in chips with unlimited rebuys for 5/6 20min levels and then an option to buy a further 10k at the break for €10 euro which is split between the prizepool/charity.
    I have run this for a few fundraisers and it seems to go down well . For maximum money to raise for a charity i would sugest a race night

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

I think is probably the most you'll get out of it on the poker end but add in raffles with sponsored prizes if your able to get them should make another €300+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

DAMO72 wrote: »
    30 players at €25 all to the prizepool with a 3k stack , then all the rebuys at say €10 for 4k in chips with unlimited rebuys for 5/6 20min levels and then an option to buy a further 10k at the break for €10 euro which is split between the prizepool/charity.
    I have run this for a few fundraisers and it seems to go down well . For maximum money to raise for a charity i would sugest a race night

Agree, An average race night will clear €5,000 profit. PM if you are interested in a race night and i can look after you with an event

Advertisement