Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I ask a stupid question re 2D?

Options
  • 08-06-2009 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

I posted a thread about 3d Studio Max in Audio / Video Editing so am not sure if I picked the right forum or not.

Anyway, if you could have a look at that thread as well - I'd really appreciate it.

Stupid question is: What's the difference between 2D and Flash - is flash just one form of a 2D application?

Cheers :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Hi all,

I posted a thread about 3d Studio Max in Audio / Video Editing so am not sure if I picked the right forum or not.

Anyway, if you could have a look at that thread as well - I'd really appreciate it.

Stupid question is: What's the difference between 2D and Flash - is flash just one form of a 2D application?

Cheers :rolleyes:
    Not a stupid question at all. Flash is a great animation tool once you learn how to use it. You can create some amazing animations using flash.

Did you mean 3D though? If you want to create 3D stuff you should be looking at cinema 4D, 3DS max, Maya etc to see what suits you best. Plenty of tutorials on how to do just about anything with these applications are available.

It is worth to note that these applications are only 'tools' to be used to create your 'stuff'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Flash is a vector based animation suite that is 2D, and with Flash CS4, also 3D compatible. It's a fantastic app for web design, animating, game development, and general art/design uses.

Download the trial from the Adobe website and give it a go! It's a bit daunting at first but definitely worth looking at a few tutorials to get you started.

Advertisement