Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with training

Options
  • 08-06-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I'm looking to build up a bit of extra strength and conditioning and have recently bout a bench press, bar bell and dumbells. I play a lot of hurling at would have pretty high fitness levels but could do with putting on a bit of muscle without losing any speed, or even improving it.

I'm 6ft tall, and my weight is usually between 11 1/2 and 12 stone(it fluctuates a bit)

Anyway this is what I usually do about 2/3 times a week. I find it hard to weight train any more than that because of actually training with teams ect.

Olympic lift clean & jerk 30 kg 8 rep 3/4 sets
    Bench Press 35 kg 15 rep 3/4 sets
    Shoulder Press 30 kg 10 rep 3 sets
    Calf Raises 30 kg until fail
    Lunges 20 kg 10 rep 4 sets
    Tricep dips 25 rep 3 sets
    Bent over row 30 kg 6-10 rep 3 sets
    Bicep Curls(dumbels) 11kg 25 rep 2 sets
    with core exercises and press ups

I don't have much knowledge of weights programmes and would appreciate any advice. Im also taking whey protein after training or after a weights session.

Advertisement