Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper II Ordinary

Options
  • 08-06-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any useful links? Some of the ones given out on this board have been REALLY useful (Wish I had seen the Linear Programming video in time).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

any advice on whats coming up for the paper ? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Its only worth 18% so i wouldn't worry!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Are you kidding?! I need that 18%, I'm so bad at Gaelige :( I'm pretty sure I failed Paper 1. I mean I'm really offed the scrudu (Not the Oral overall, JUST the Scrudu) isn't worth more, only thing I felt I aced! :( >_>

Please. Links. Help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

same as above , messed paper 1 uptoday by learing nothing off , messed the oral up , the only thing that went well was the listening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Someone linked this before, for poetry. Brief summaries;
    http://www.theleavingcert.com/subjects/irish/irish-poems-shortened

I'd learn the words for the techniques; repetition, assonance, alliteration etc. for answering the poetry stuff. As for the stories, you need to know the basic outline of the story, cos they ask you "finish the story based on this starting point", and they also need to know the characters, why you like/dislike them.

• Advertisement

What does easpa ceille mean? Mental absence?

ETA: Okay can somebody explain how the Paper should be answered, I'm confused now looking over it. Cúrsa Roghanach means "Optional Course" right? What does it mean by optional? The Ainmnithe has options too...

Designated Course and Optional Course....I don't know what was optional....

(I know, I know, I should REALLY know this already....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goonyougoodthin

Look at the first page of it, it says Pre-Leaving Certificate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Rob! wrote: »
    Its only worth 18% so i wouldn't worry!:p

A fifth of the total marks? That you get for knowing some simple Irish and answering questions on a shallow, empty poem? I won't say no, cheers!

Look at the first page of it, it says Pre-Leaving Certificate

Yeah I saw that just a second too late to avoid embarassment. :(

Sigh. Anyway, someone help.

Advertisement