Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from A/R/T

Options
  • 08-06-2009 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am banned from A/R/T without getting a warning or infraction first. May I have my ban lifted please? I feel I am treated unfairly by a particular moderator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You have been setting up duplicate accounts, by rights I should be sitebanning you for getting round forum bans and causing trouble before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

What Gordon said, basically - you've been causing trouble for a while now and teh general mood from everyone else was that they were tired of the trolling.

The specifics of the ban on this account are quite simple.

1 - You opened a thread specifically to argue that there were moderation double standards. See here.

2 - Within 20 minutes two mods had pointed out that the thread in question had been seen, reviewed and was acceptable

3 - As part of that I specifically pointed out that back seat moderation was banned site wide and linked you to the FAQ. You clearly saw this post as you thanked it.

4 - Shortly afterwards you went to the original thread and posted an inflammatory comment clearly intended to troll.

5 - For that you were banned, you breached site wide rules and the Charter.

Mods are not under an obligation to infract before banning and you did receive a warning first (see point 3 above). While the three mods haven't talked specifically about this incident we're in broad agreement on moderation in general and I am happy with the ban, it's duration and teh reasons for it. If however the Admins feel it was harsh then I'm happy to rescind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭runningman1980

Gordon wrote: »
    You have been setting up duplicate accounts, by rights I should be sitebanning you for getting round forum bans and causing trouble before.
    This i will contest, what are you findings, proof?, Runningman1980 is one person, singular and I have no other accounts, I speak for myself and myself only

Advertisement