Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO SET UP AN ISDN LINE?

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I do voice over work from time to time and it was suggested to me that I set up an isdn line in my home. I had heard it was an expensive thing to do but then a friend said that Perlico are doing it. Also I don't have a phone line and was told I would need one. I'm not very technical and would appreiciate any advice. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You would only need ISDN if the voice over work was being done live in conjunction with a studio say, what setup do you have right now?

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sunshineallday

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes it's for live voice recording and I don't have any set up right now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Are Eircom even actively selling ISDN anymore? (I know BT killed off Home Highway (ISDN) a few years back in the UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If the exchange has spare ISDN line cards you can get it.

But it's only needed if you are doing live contributions to certain studios. Otherwise Broadband with 512M or better UPLOAD speed is better for sending the recordings.

Live voice Recording?

Either its a recording or it's live. If they want live the recording aspect is just archival. If they only want a recording then they don't need live and Broadband is cheaper and faster.

Contact eircom. Perlico are just a reseller. Eircom has to patch the line. If you want Broadband on same circuit, move to Germany, here that can't be done. You need a separate phone line here to have BB and ISDN as the people selling this stuff have never really understood what ISDN is for.

Advertisement