Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in flordia and seen a tattoo i really want

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

im on holidays yepee, and just wandered into a tattoo shop!!

i have been wanting a tattoo for a long time and after looking through the art this tattoo jumped out at me and i said yes this is the one i have been looking for!!

i stopped myself from getting it as im on holiday and ive heard often its not a good idea to get a holiday tattoo!! why though is this?? i really want this and as ive said ive though about for a long time, also this is america and hygine standards are top noth and the guys shop is spotless!!

should i make the appointment??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Do it, If you really want it then why not?
    Just remember you need to keep it out of the sun etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

You shouldn't get it there, and the reason has nothing to do with you just being on holiday.

It's going to be on you for the rest of your life, you can't make that decision after seeing it on a wall and it "jumping out at you", you like it instantly, you could get sick of it within a week!

If you like it that much, see if you can get a picture of it, keep it for a long time (long enough to be sure you want it to be a part of your body for the rest of your life) and then get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Sofaspud wrote: »
    You shouldn't get it there, and the reason has nothing to do with you just being on holiday.

It's going to be on you for the rest of your life, you can't make that decision after seeing it on a wall and it "jumping out at you", you like it instantly, you could get sick of it within a week!

If you like it that much, see if you can get a picture of it, keep it for a long time (long enough to be sure you want it to be a part of your body for the rest of your life) and then get it!

+1

It will be on your body for the rest of your life, it won't kill you to wait a year to see if you still like the design then.

Also why on earth are you assuming that the hygiene standards of every single tattoo place in America are top notch?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

why has nobody asked what it is yet??!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Because it doesn't really matter.
    Also I'm sure you're not meant to fly with a fresh tattoo? Or is that just piercings?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

What happens if your tattoo needs touching up? ya gonna fly back to florida?
    only that tattooist will know what colours they used.
    if you wanted to get it touched up you'd be risking screwing it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If the guys portfolio of work is amazing and you love the tattoo and its near the end of your trip I say go for it if you want it.
    I got tattooed in Florida many years ago and I still love what I got, mainly because of the art itself and partly because it always reminds me of a really fun holiday.
    If the artists work is anything less than top notch then leave it as it wouldn't be worth the risk or hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Kersmash wrote: »
    Also I'm sure you're not meant to fly with a fresh tattoo? Or is that just piercings?

Actually that's a good point - long haul flights with an open wound tend not to be a good idea, for example you're not supposes to fly within a few days of getting a tooth out and stuff like that - presumably it's the same for unhealed tattoos and piercings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Will wrote: »
    What happens if your tattoo needs touching up? ya gonna fly back to florida?
    only that tattooist will know what colours they used.
    if you wanted to get it touched up you'd be risking screwing it up
    places in waterford, wont even touch up other peoples tattoo work..

wonder are other many other places like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Kersmash wrote: »
    Because it doesn't really matter.

the yanks had no problem with me flying with it freshly done and they definitely saw that mine was fresh because someone in security said it was nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

-lala- wrote: »
    Actually that's a good point - long haul flights with an open wound tend not to be a good idea, for example you're not supposes to fly within a few days of getting a tooth out and stuff like that - presumably it's the same for unhealed tattoos and piercings?

I think the tooth thing is more to do with trapped air being in the socket.

Not that 8+ tiring hours on a cramped, dehydrated flight is going to do a fresh tattoo or piercing any good!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Dont do it out there, a mate of mine got it done and it looked great but when they came home it began to fayed.Hedin out there in 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

If you are going to get in done over there make sure and check out a few places. If you are on I-Drive I would reccomend Inkredible ink, I am heading over on Sunday and am seriously thinking of getting a tattoo while I am there and this is where I would go. A few people I know have gotten them in some of the other shops over there and they have faded really badly...this may have been down to them exposing them in the sun however and not the artist. However if you want to avoid that just wait until the last day which is what I plan on doing...most of the studios open until the small hours of the morning so you can fit it in after a long day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 rhys2

thanks for the advice guys

went in the the shop last night to talk it over and the guy was not in favour of doing for now!! he said it would not be a good idea as tattoos need rest and also no sun, he felt it would compromise the rest of my holiday, also made a good point about me going out for a few beers at night and a fresh tattoo are not great as things could get messy!! also i wouldnt be able to swim and there is a lot of that in florida!!

but the ideal time is just before i go home so ive booked it for thursday next week, oh he said flying wont be a probelm but to look after it on the flight!! looking forward to it:D

Advertisement