Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Coming home locked snack !

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Ok chippers all closed etc, You arrive home wobbly..My favorite......
    Chop up an onion, put in in a mug, I am not being fancy here, stir it in with a large spoonful of bovril or marmite. Find toaster, insert 2 slices of bread, batch is best, When toast is half done, butter, lash on some ham, slice some cheddar cheese, smother the lot with your bovril/marmite mix and lash under the grill for 2 mins or until cheese melts. DO NOT FALL ASLEEP DURING THE GRILLING PROCESS..:eek:...thick smoke, smoke alarms etc !! Then enjoy...ahhh:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That sounds like a lot of effort. It's not possible to get home in Dublin without having passed somewhere that sells
    - chips
    - curry chips
    - burgers
    - kebabs
    - pizzas
    - breakfast rolls
    - general rolls
    - hot dog stands
    - etc

Making food at home? Jasus .. sounds like you weren't doing the whole night out thing right at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

thelurch wrote: »
    Ok chippers all closed etc, You arrive home wobbly..My favorite......
    Chop up an onion, put in in a mug, I am not being fancy here, stir it in with a large spoonful of bovril or marmite. Find toaster, insert 2 slices of bread, batch is best, When toast is half done, butter, lash on some ham, slice some cheddar cheese, smother the lot with your bovril/marmite mix and lash under the grill for 2 mins or until cheese melts. DO NOT FALL ASLEEP DURING THE GRILLING PROCESS..:eek:...thick smoke, smoke alarms etc !! Then enjoy...ahhh:D

FRANKFURT0R!1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I don't think I really eat after coming home drunk unless the chipper's open.

I probably munch cereal or fruit or something.. Could've made pasta a few times when coming home drunk.

Generally I just wait til the morning after, when I'm usually still fairly drunk. Then I've been known to make roasts (which, due to my super secret amazing recipe can be quite a process) or a lovely hash brown concoction (large red potato, onions, garlic, paprika, olive oil, mince or bacon).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Whatever's handy, usually a packet of taytos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thelurch

Random wrote: »
    That sounds like a lot of effort. It's not possible to get home in Dublin without having passed somewhere that sells
    - chips
    - curry chips
    - burgers
    - kebabs
    - pizzas
    - breakfast rolls
    - general rolls
    - hot dog stands
    - etc

Making food at home? Jasus .. sounds like you weren't doing the whole night out thing right at all!

I now live in Mullingar, No 24 hr spars etc

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »

Haha you said "Taytos" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Abigayle wrote: »
    FRANKFURT0R!1!

I read that aloud in my mind in a dour, Arnold Schwarzenegger accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Fur Burger!!!!!

(Somebody would've anyway, it might as well be me)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Aidric wrote: »
    Anythin but taytos am i the only one they give wicked heartburn to? Last thing i need after a night out

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

A full breakfast roll.

A place in Galway called Vivo sells them. Serious drunken feed !

EDIT. Just read title again !

OP, who the fcuk makes food at home drunk?? Can of lager and a hand shandy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Half cooked fish fingers sammich.
    Instructions:
    1. Place four fish fingers in a toaster on a wet counter top so the electricity trips.
    2. Find fuse box and turn power back on.
    3. Repeat steps 1 and 2
    4. Keep popping down the toaster until only 3 fish fingers reappear.
    5. Place between 2 slices of bread and nom

Now I understand why people always told me why you can't cook fish fingers in a toaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Cheese sambo with salt & vinegar crisps on top mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

usually call into Zeera on the ormeau, no matter what time of the day or night aul impey jimpey will horse out the pans and rustle me up a Balti.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

The first thing ile look for is anything that resembles a bag of crisps! If theres nothing along those lines i go in search of bread, to soak up all the alcohol and minimise a hangover ( wether or not it works is a differant matter) , and on occasion a slice of cheese!

Many a morning iv woken up with a half eaten cheese sandwich beside me on the pillow!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I normally just grab some toast now.

A few years back I came home destroyed and feeling very hungry. Ended up cooking enough pasta to feed 3 people, 10 fish fingers, 12 chicken dippers and a giant stick of garlic bread. Left the kitchen in a state and was found the following morning with half the food eaten, passed out in front of the tv with sky news on. From what I remember it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

YOP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thelurch

liah wrote: »

. Then I've been known to make roasts (which, due to my super secret amazing recipe can be quite a process) )
    They sound nice whats the recipe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

2 fellas and a slutty girl :D

YOP

So everyone else went for something fried / grilled / greasy.. and you went for something goopy and creamy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

There's no such thing as a mere "snack" when I'm drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Bacon feckin sammiches. And lots of them.

Note the "secret family recipe" bit :D

Well you're in Mullingar sure, you can just pop by and have a taste. Won't be like anything you've had before, I'll tell you that much. Looooooooovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

liah wrote: »
    Note the "secret family recipe" bit :D

Well you're in Mullingar sure, you can just pop by and have a taste. Won't be like anything you've had before, I'll tell you that much. Looooooooovely.

I hope thats an open invitation Liah, mmmm roasts.......great hangover food too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

turkey and stuffin sambos on stephens day with a cup of tea!

I'll singlehandedly hold a beers in Mullingar and cook roast for everyone who dares set foot here. :D Open invitation! Limited time offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Vivo in Galway 24 hours! no need to ever attempt drunken cookery after a night out! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Assuming this is stuff you make at home, chippers don't count.
    Used to walk past a 24hour Tesco, that was dangerous on the way home from the pub. But beans on toast is about all I'd do and you can't burn the house down. Put a load of curry powder in the beans and put a slice of cheese on the toast.
    Anything that involves a deep fat fryer, oven or grill is dangerous at 4am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Massive cup of tea and a packet of biscuits. Or crisps. But mostly biscuits...it's frightening when you wake up the next morning though and there're no custard creams in the house:(

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

A pizza and half way through cooking it in the oven, crack an egg over it and pop it back in!

Money shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Five bowls of Coco Pops in a row.

Advertisement