Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Coach Station: Special Parking Deal

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Just heard about this deal and thought id stick it up.

If you take a bus to dublin city or airport from the Galway Coach Station, You can park your car in the carpark for 5 euro a day.

So when you go to pay for your ticket go to the desk and hand them the ticket and your ticket.

Very handy service, plus the car park is open all night and there is always someone at the desk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭magicface

That does seem to be a great deal alright! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Its very handy, plus the carpark is usually quite empty as its still pretty new and people dont realise that its there. Hmmm gota plan a holiday soon :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Is this the carpark under the bus station ??

Ya thats the one.

Its in beside the raddisson carpark, Big sign above it says coach station, and you drive down a ramp as you enter the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,157 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Do they take both Citylink and Gobus tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's cheap parking but doubles the price of your ticket at least.

Ya the offer is open for both citylink and gobus.

scumlord how do you mean it will double the price of your ticket????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do you need a return ticket, or just one way?

Depending on how long you want to park for, where you'd park otherwise, and whether Citylink are still doing E5 specials - it might be worth buying a bus ticket just to get the cheaper parking rate. I wonder if there are any catches like having to take the bus ride that day.

I think it has to be a return,
    At the moment citylinks 5 euro deal is going on till the end of the month.
    Oh and citylink now have wifi,

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

Free Wi Fi? how original!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I'll be impressed if Citylink get the toilets in :D

Well hopefully that will be the next step, and hopefully a bus to dublin city at 9ish, wud be handy:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jayoo wrote: »
    scumlord how do you mean it will double the price of your ticket????
    Well you pay €20 for your ticket (return) if your gone for more than 4 days then your parking is costing you the same price as the ticket. I'm not saying it's not a good rate or anything but it only works of your really stuck, get a taxi or get someone to drop you off.

I see what you mean scumlord,
    I might stick the same post up in the galway county section, might be more helpful for people who live outside galway city and who would normally drive up to dublin airport

Hahaha, there barrier was bust during the week, so i got myself some free parking Mhawwwwwww:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I realise this thread is several years old, but does anyone know if you can still get special parking deals if travelling by bus to Dublin Airportl? Need to get from Ennis to the airport and the train is ridiculously expensive, so looking getting the bus Ennis - Dublin (via galway as I think it's faster than via limerick) or driving to galway and leaving the car there.

Thanks,
    Mel.b

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

They have a 5euro per 24hour stay deal if you use any of the buses from the new bus station.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement