Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

now i have found my birth brother and sister

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

i went today to the gro and have found my birth brother and sister birth certs.

i heard through a friend that she knows someone who had dealings with my agency and the nun who dealt with my case and she apparently is well known in the circles as one who will give you your non identyfying information and make a contact but literally that a contact - she is known for keeping birth families apart - and stretching the info - how dare she?? am absolutely outraged that they have this power to do so - who do they think they are. i know they are known for certain things but to keep families apart who gave them this power..

she told me i had a brother 2 years younger he is in fact 5 years younger and my sister is a year older that she said and i havent found the other sister the nun claims i have. this would have put me back along time if i didnt just look outside the box of year dates sort to speak..

am still gonna leave things for a while i have posted on this site recently bout finding my birth mother marriage name and address and phone number now i have my half siblings its getting exciting but know it is the right thing to pull back and take time..

again best of luck to everyone on their search...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaylad

Happy for you, best of look finding the information you need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Well done for finding out as much as you have. I think it's the right approach to sit back and take stock of what you have so far before proceeding, that way you can be really clear what you want and where to go next.
    Congrats!

Advertisement