Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing the Original Post in a Thread

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭

I started a thread presuming i wasn't allowed to include my email in the post, considering it a personal detail.

However, after re-reading the charter i realise i actually CAN include my email.

However, i am unable to edit it now as perhaps too much time has elapsed? Is it possible to be able to edit this post? Or is it too late?

The thread is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60601186#post60601186

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's too late to edit it (48hrs afair), but PM the mod to see if they are ok with you dropping your email in the post. I wouldn't advise it personally as this website gets crawled every day by the search bots so your email will be completely out in the open. Also, you will inevitably request us to remove it at some point in the future, causing more work that could be instead saved by people PMing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thanks for the feedback

The email will we typed out as to avoid bots.

It's just that having the email in the thread helps me immensely.

Thank you, i'll mail the mods :D

Advertisement