Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport to Balbriggan

Options
  • 08-06-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Just wondering is there any express buses or quicker alternatives than the 33 (takes 1.5 hours from Drumcondra according to BD website) to Balbriggan from the City Centre (or possibly Glasnevin/Drumcondra)
    I have a job out there for the summer which requires me to be in Balbriggan for 9am Mon-Friday so. I know the train goes from Connolly aswell but that would nearly take as long by the time I got to Connolly and then back out.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bus Eireann route 101 goes through Drumcondra out to Drogheda via Balbriggan. Should be about 50 minutes journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Also just wondering where can you buy bus tickets? I saw on the website you can get 10 journey tickets but couldn't find where on the website you can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Also just wondering where can you buy bus tickets? I saw on the website you can get 10 journey tickets but couldn't find where on the website you can get them.

http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=47

Hit buy tickets online, stick in Dublin to Balbriggan, your start date and it will take you to a ticket options page - one of those is the 10 journey options. You pay for it online, get an email receipt, hand that to the driver*, and he will issue you with the 10 journey ticket.

* be mindful, the first journey you take must be on the day and in the direction you originally specified online.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement