Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox blue border on elements grrrrrr

• 08-06-2009 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Hey,

anyone know what might be causing some strange behaviour in ffox 3.0.10. Some sites I visit have blue borders (#00cccc) around some elements on the page. I can't seem to narrow it down to a specific element or reason.

i've uninstalled the webdeveloper and firebug toolbars to no avail - they were the only thing I could think of that would add this extra styling to elements on pages. I've attached some examples with nice big arrows :D

any thoughts?? something in about:config perhaps?

ffoxblueborder.jpg

geekdotcombluebordermadness.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you have custom stylesheets in FF? Are those forms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Uninstalling the WebDeveloper add-on wouldn't necessarily undo changes made while it was installed. Re-install it and untick anything ticked under Outline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

yes i thought it was only all 'form' elements at first but now it is appearing on normal divs and forms and other elements as well. weird. I have re-installed the Web Developer add on and there is/was nothing ticked under any outline options. anything else?

It cant be custom style sheets even if they can be done - i was simply stumbling a few sites and noticed it in a site I was developing on my local machine too :-/

edit: it does happen more on search boxes so maybe it is a forms thing??

Advertisement