Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost job, pay & payslips

Options
  • 08-06-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Lost my job recently because the company were struggling financially. Had been with the company for close to a year. Requested a number of times for a payslip with my wages but they always said this would be sorted out... but never was. Requested contract of employment also but they never did this either.

Did receive one payslip with my final wages and they told me they'd been making a mistake with my wages... paying me about 5% less than they should have each week for the last few months. They said they would calculate what this mistake totaled and send me payment for this. Also owe me wages for a few days work and holiday pay which they say they will work out and pay me for. (Not hard to calculate really, P45 etc show wages etc)

My question is... how long should I have to wait for them to sort out their accounts and work out what they owe me?... a week or two has passed and they keep telling me it will be a few more days. Should I fill out a claim form and tell them I'm making a claim for the wages & deductions owed or wait a bit. Don't want to rub them up the wrong way as the relationship has been okay and would hope I'll receive some of what I'm owed but I'm a bit pissed with how casual they are with wages and payslips. If I do get paid is there any point making a complaint about lack of payslips/contract of employment at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

get a solicitor to write to them at least on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You are talking about making a claim to the insolvency fund? If you need the money, you should do that. Though give the company one day's notice before you do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You are talking about making a claim to the insolvency fund? If you need the money, you should do that. Though give the company one day's notice before you do this.

The company is still in business... for the moment

Was thinking of sending a complaint to the rights commissioner (http://www.lrc.ie/docs/Rights_Commissioner_Service_-_Infor/234.htm), regarding the deduction on my pay and wages owed, but would let the company know a day or two before sending this? Could also make a complaint about lack of written contract and payslips too? They say it will be sorted this week so might see what the situation is on thursday

Advertisement