Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazel or Willow Rods for fencing!

• 08-06-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Maybe someone out there might know or have seen somewhere, hazel rods for sale or willow rods for sale. Not looking for the fencing as i have started already this spring but it took a lot more than i originally thought. I'm looking for about 200 rods to finish off the first section and about another 600-800 rods to do the entire job. I'm making wattle fencing but I would rather just do it myself, easy to do and quite a bit of fun. Buying the fences is really expensive and it would cost me a fortune to do...
    Has anyone got any ideas where i could buy some?

Be great if anyone replied...;)

Thanks

Kev...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

whilst googling for willow fencing I came across this guy:
    http://www.padraiglarkin.com/

he says he sometimes sells stuff surplus to his requirements , might be worth giving him a bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

An old thread, maybe bumping it forwards might awaken someone's memory.

I need hazel wattle too, or willow or even young ash etc. would do; for a fence, I need about a hundred 2-meter lengths

I've been reduced to snaffling them from highway medians etc. - places where there is planting that is largely ignored and the hazel coppices itself naturally.
    It does the tree no harm, and I know what I'm doing, but it does feel a bit like a burglary!

Advertisement