Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aquaristic equipment

Options
  • 08-06-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hello
    Are there many people here in Ireland interested in keeping fish in tanks?

I'm just wondering if not to start importing some aquaristic equipment like natural roots, gravel, accessories, Co2 systems

I checked few places and searched ebay, but offer in Ireland is not too good.

Would somebody be interested in buying fish tanks accessories - half price of price in shops? or buying online items that are not available yet ?

I checked ebay today - there are 3 aquaristic items for sale from Ireland....

Yes I know - this not a business thread, but my question is directed only to fish keepers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pitty lover

if there were reptile tanks etc i know alot of people who would be interested but not fish sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

There is a nice fish keeping community in Ireland and I think it was growing at a good pace. Not sure about it now though as things are a little tougher economically speaking.
    However, because of the latter, the 2nd hand market might be a little more active too, diminishing the overall requirement for new tanks (I have no statistics to back this up, I am not involved in any commercial fish keeping venture, it's only an impression).
    But, I don't want to discourage you. There are some niches to be filled in the fish keeping market. Best of luck with your market research ! :)

ValerieR
    www.irishfishkeepers.com
    connaught.fishkeeping.society[at]gmail.com

Advertisement