Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose!

• 08-06-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    I'm lookin for a new phone. I'd like it to have an 8mp camera. Or at least a very good one. And i want a good phone that will last me a decent amount of time.
    I'm considering the samsung tocco ultra. I've heard mixed reviews about it and it is 370 euro payg.
    Any other good options for me?
    Be grateful for any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The N86 will be out in a few weeks, its nokia's first 8MP camera.

The omnia also has a 8Mp camera.

Also coming in black
    nokia-n86-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Thanks, i know there's a few other samsung 8mp phones but i think i'd like the option of the keypad aswel as the touch screen. I can see me getting very frustrated trying to speed txt on a touch screen!

phi3 wrote: »
    Thanks, i know there's a few other samsung 8mp phones but i think i'd like the option of the keypad aswel as the touch screen. I can see me getting very frustrated trying to speed txt on a touch screen!

N97 is on the way, its a 5Mp camera tough. Has the touchscreen and the full keyboard

do ye think nokia would be better than samsung? in general?

I prefer nokia or Se over samsung tbh, although samsung have improved a huge amount since they started. Lot is down to personal taste, and what you may be accustomed too. You will always get a bad batch/model with all manufacturers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

yea the n97 looks sweet i so want one but i have the n96 i bought it last november!!

goldwing wrote: »
    yea the n97 looks sweet i so want one but i have the n96 i bought it last november!!

If your fine with the n96 no never to change it to quick. You could sell it off but you would be taking a bit of a hit on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

Davy wrote: »
    If your fine with the n96 no never to change it to quick. You could sell it off but you would be taking a bit of a hit on it

I was thinking of selling it but i would'nt say id have to many buyers

Not sure i'm liking the qwerty keypad.
    I like the idea of having wifi though.
    I'm getting too fussy now! I don't think there's many phones that have all my requirements lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

LG Renoir is pretty good, 8mp cam, nice operating system

Hi. I'm back to annoy ye again. lol.
    I'm now trying to choose between the Sony Ericsson c905 and the Samsung Tocco Ultra.
    Any opinions?
    Thanks.:)

Hi. I'm back to annoy ye again. lol.
    I'm now trying to choose between the Sony Ericsson c905 and the Samsung Tocco Ultra.
    Any opinions?
    Thanks.:)

The C905. One of the most obvious reasons because it has wifi and the ultra doesnt :)

The C905. One of the most obvious reasons because it has wifi and the ultra doesnt :)

Ya that's what's attracting me to it. I went and had a look at them today and i really like the tocco ultra. The C905 is a bit ugly! I do think it's a better fone spec-wise. But the tocco ultra is way nicer. Dilemma much!!!
    There seems to be very few reviews for the tocco ultra on the net.

Ya that's what's attracting me to it. I went and had a look at them today and i really like the tocco ultra. The C905 is a bit ugly! I do think it's a better fone spec-wise. But the tocco ultra is way nicer. Dilemma much!!!
    There seems to be very few reviews for the tocco ultra on the net.

Yes the C905 is simplistic, sleek looking though. The ultra is marketed on the design,,the look of the red and the grey, super speed with womens hair :p:confused:

You will find more info on the Ultra by searching for Samsung S8300 as its also known as.

Yes the C905 is simplistic, sleek looking though. The ultra is marketed on the design,,the look of the red and the grey, super speed with womens hair :p:confused:

You will find more info on the Ultra by searching for Samsung S8300 as its also known as.

Cool mite try that so. I'd like to hear from people who've been using it for a while.
    Being a designer (and a woman) I can't help being attracted to the design. But being a phone lover I can't help being attracted to the better specs!!! :p

Well how much do you/would you use wifi? If your not going to be using it that much go with the Ultra, you do seem to want it more ;)

Well how much do you/would you use wifi? If your not going to be using it that much go with the Ultra, you do seem to want it more ;)
    I don't suppose i need the wifi. I spend all day on a computer at work and have my laptop at home.
    Think i will go with the tocco ultra. Unless something catches my attention in the mean time!!!

Advertisement