Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water tank question re draining

• 08-06-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Got my van this eve..well happy with it...thanks for all the advice!
    How do i drain the water tank thats under the seats?..forgot to ask your man this and dont want to be ringing him hassling him as he went through so much as it was.
    FYI its a fiat ducato adriatik 670 2002.
    Cheers,
    MArty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

usually there is one of three options:

- a tap somewhere under the vehicle
    - a drainage opening in the underside of the tank
    - no drainage at all and the only acces to the tank is a rather large top lid (for cleaning) and the only way to empty it is the pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers reason im asking is when i fill it its just pissing out a hose under the vehicle..so its obviously open!!
    Will have a look tomorrow eve for that!
    Cheers,
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

flashlight & small hand...

1 Switch on flashlight
    2 Put flashlishg down small area that allows only flashlight to fit in..
    3 Try to fit head beside flashlight..
    4 Curse inwardly & lift head up.
    5 Hit head off table...
    6 Remove hand while dropping flashlight to bowels of seating area to rub sore head
    7 Put head down newly lit area to show an inline tap leading to pipe going though floor to drain outside..!!!

look under camper ouside & you'll see the pipe sticking through floor somewhere not too far from tank.

SHould be located beside tank & before pump on same line at water pump.

hope that helps..!!

Cheers!!

KoNiT wrote: »
    7 Put head down newly lit area to show an inline tap leading to pipe going though floor to drain outside..!!!

that would be the 4th option then ...:o :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Mine's a stopper with a tee handle accessable inside the tank.
    Find a small child, they fit best:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Guys,
    How do i drain the water tank thats under the seats?..forgot to ask your man this and dont want to be ringing him hassling him as he went through so much as it was.
    Cheers,
    MArty.

I think that yours is the same layout as mine. The water tank is under the forward seat of the small dinette and the tap is under the rear seat of the smaller dinette. Hopefully its like that and is really easy to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Guys,
    Cheers,
    MArty.

Hi Marty,
    There is a (covered) drain valve on the right side of my camper on the back of the step,I also use the boiler drain.which will have a red or yellow handle,it could be anywhere but most lightly under a seat not too far from the boiler. I checked out a friend of mines camper and his drain is on the same side,but under the step.........................b:):)

Cheers lads....there is a T piece in the bottom of the tank...i fifddled with it but couldnt get it to stop peeing out...didnt try for long as had to get home.
    Cheers,
    MArty.

There is another possibility:

Your tank drain valve may be closed and it's actually piddling out somehwere else.

Every hot water boiler has a safety valve that opens and empties the boiler when the temperature approaches freezing. This could be defective, but that is quite unlikely.
    Usually there also is a manual drain valve at the boiler that you're supposed to open when parking up the van for the winter to empty the boiler.

If either of these valves is open, you will loose all or most of the water in your fresh water tank, as the boiler is usually situated quite low in the water circulation and the water pressure will just drive all the water out

EDIT:
    Theres a pic of the boiler and valves in my yoke here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56150992&postcount=3

• Advertisement

Food for thought there!!
    Thanks,
    Marty.

Cheers Gents,
    It was the boiler drain...had a look @ it last night and all up and running now.
    Another wee question...the bouilr switch has 2 options...one with shower and a boiler tank an one with shower only.
    Also there is a switch beside the main switch board(just an on off) with a picture of what looks like a cistern...can someone explain?
    Anyway all i know is the heating and hot water all work fine just wouold like to know what switch does waht!
    Cheers,
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

cheers for asking al them (silly) questions you saved me from asking :D

best of luck with the new van

Advertisement