Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

au-pair work in spain, summer 09

Options
  • 08-06-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am leaving soon to move in with a family in spain and work as an au-pair. :) Just wondering if there is anyone who has previous experience? i'm really excited but also a little nervous :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Yay! Go you! I'm au pairing there at the mo well not right now I was for the last three months but came home for a break and am going back to a new family, for another 3 months, in a few days. I have to say, although I despised my old family, it is a great experience. Where abouts are you going? Anything really specific you want to know or...just general things. My biggest tip would be to put yourself out there with the family. I mean it's easy with the kids obviously and depending on the family scheduele it may be easier with some famillies than others. Also Spanish kids are babyed, don't be suprised if a ten year old can't tie thier shoes or at 16 it's normal to still require a babysitter ocasionally. Another thing that got to me at first is that it Spanish it's not normal to use please and thank you as often as in english so obviously even when they are speaking english they will not always use it but they're not being rude...anyway there are some random tips, feel free to pm me if you like.

Advertisement