Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will the jews go if Hamas wins?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

:)Arrested group coming home tomorrow:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sand wrote: »
    If they are totally harmless humanitarian aid, they will be allowed into Gaza anyhow. If they need to be run through a blockade then its probably something that the organisers arent confident would make it through the Israeli concerns over Hamas siezing it and using it for weapons.

WRONG.

Countless shipments of legitimate aid has been either obstructed or blocked.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Short answer: USA & Switzerland.
    Once there is enough room for Palestinians to live happily (if thats possible) the situation should be resolved in theory, although in practice it will be more compicated, mainly by religion and what will happen to shared holy sites.

It's all about perspective. On the day Israel got its independence, a coalition of its predominantly Muslim neighbours invaded it with a view to wiping it off the face of the map. 61 years and numerous attempts later and they haven't been able to do it. So while Hamas might say that they would be content if there was enough room for the Palestinian Muslims to live happily, there are a lot of groups and countries in the region who will not be content until Israel is destroyed.

Unfortunately, there is no end in sight, other than total anihilation of one side or the other. The only other way it could end is if humans become a peaceful race, which is unlikely to happen for centuries if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

This is the best link I have found to give a concise history.Some of it is a real eye opener.I highly recommend it for its chronology and sources.It is very informative and gives facts in a concise way.
    I know a lot dont follow links posted,this one IS worth the effort as it covers the middle east from about 14ooBC years up to the present time:eek::)
    dont worry though as it is broken down into small blocks that you can read for reference or the whole article is IMO worth reading,It sure explains many things that were Mystyfying!
    More importantly it at least gives a time in history to start from,what HAS been frustrating here was trying to understand the origions of it all because it is so complex, Ya could pick almost any date to justify being on one side or the other!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_israel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

212, WE ARE ALL EATING DUST.

• Advertisement

ultain wrote: »
    212, WE ARE ALL EATING DUST.

We are all in the gutter,but some of us try to keep our eyes on the stars!:) (or star of david Lol ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

Hamsey wrote: »
    If Hamas wins

this wont happen happen, americans and other ayyrabzz wont let that happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Hamsey wrote: »
    Is the Hamas policy to drive the Jews in Palestine into the sea? If Hamas wins the next Gaza-Israel war who will give the Jews refuge?

Or are Hamas going to allow Jews full citizenship in a united Palestine?

I think Hamas sets out an exterme position for the same reason the Provo's did.
    If they get into dialoge with Israel , then I expect their position to moderate in time , again much like the Provo's.

Hamas's declarations will be the last thing to change , again much like the Provo's.

So I don't see any of what you said ever happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Hamsey

InReality wrote: »
    I think Hamas sets out an exterme position for the same reason the Provo's did.
    If they get into dialoge with Israel , then I expect their position to moderate in time , again much like the Provo's.

Hamas's declarations will be the last thing to change , again much like the Provo's.

So I don't see any of what you said ever happening.

Provisional Sinn Fein did not and do not call for the expulsion or elimination of protestants so that holy Ireland can be purely roman catholic state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Don Diego

ynotdu wrote: »
    Can somebody make it clear that they accept Israels Right to exist?

There's nothing to accept. Israel already exists. This is a fact that cannot be disputed.

Don Diego wrote: »
    There's nothing to accept. Israel already exists. This is a fact that cannot be disputed.

Accepting the existance of a State is VERY diffrient to accepting it's RIGHT to exist!
    How on Earth did this thread come back to life :confused:
    Don Diego did You read the thread and its links?

Advertisement