Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surveillance CCTV at 40 Foot bathing place in South Co Dublin.

Options
  • 09-06-2009 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I hear that some authority has installed a sophisticated Orwellian style CCTV system at the 40foot bathing place near sandycove.

Regulars to this place are not too impressed and have revoked anger, I also hear that Dunlaoghaire County Council have denied involvement in this intrusive project. Anyone have further information? Pict's etc?

What reason is there need for such a system other than to perve on people in their nip. :D

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/bathers-furious-at-forty-foot-cameras-1764688.html

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

link to web feed or gtfo:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

so where are they then? I didn't notice anything on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

so where are they then? I didn't notice anything on Sunday.

Shows just how discrete they are placed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Regulars to this place are not too impressed and have revoked anger ...
    :confused: So they were angry, and then changed their mind, or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

That would be the WORST web feed ever. Nobody wants to see that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

Just smash it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Has this got something to do with seals biting people or am I mixing two stories up?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

bug wrote: »
    Has this got something to do with seals biting people or am I mixing two stories up?

Two different stories. They're talking about shooting the seals down there as they have started to bite people for some reason (No one sure why yet)

I'm under the impression that the increase in fishermen feeding the seals is probably responsible for the attacks. Regularly see seals being fed in DL harbour these days. Now they've started to associate people with food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Two different stories. They're talking about shooting the seals down there as they have started to bite people for some reason (No one sure why yet)

So, they installed the cameras' so they can nab the darn 'biting' seals and shoot the critters-it's all making sense now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Splendour wrote: »
    So, they installed the cameras' so they can nab the darn 'biting' seals and shoot the critters-it's all making sense now ;)

No the camera were there long before the seal problem, it was to spy on all the nudies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What reason is there need for such a system other than to perve on people in their nip.
    It would be a true perverted mind who would want to see some 70 year old lad's shrivelled lad. Its not like theres a bunch of brazilian supermodels rubbing oil into each other down there. Where are the cameras anyway? the nude swimmers stick to around the corner.
    "This spot is very popular with Americans because of its connotations with Ulysses. They would be horrified about the prospect of being filmed."
    yes, truly horrifying, they will be in therapy for years....

Could be just for local scum, they drink there are night, I came back from a swim to find a scumbag walking off with my bag during the day, luckily I recognised it and grabbed it. A fair bit of theft goes on there from what I have heard.

Advertisement