Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biscay thunderstorms brew for Ireland next week

Options
  • 09-06-2009 5:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

GFS is progging a pretty sinister looking depression to develope over the Iberian Peninsula next weekend. For us this requires watching because very warm air is going to move up the Eastern side of the depression and a conflict with the cooler regime we have now is inevitable - the results should be explosive!

I will keep an eye on developments but the chance of very heavy rain and thunderstorms is increasing. The ECM does not agree yet.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1621.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'm not getting my hopes up as the ECM tends to be the more reliable weather modelling organisation.
    I would love some dry storms (like the ones we got back in 2001!) this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A week is too far out imo. If it where within +120hr it would raise an eyebrow. Lets hope other agencies come onboard between now and then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

That would be great if it developed. Would we be looking at very patchy thunderstorms ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Looks like it's been severely downgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Good bit of Lightning behind Dublin Airport at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

darkman2 wrote: »
    I will keep an eye on developments but the chance of very heavy rain and thunderstorms is increasing.

Last years summer deluges started on Saturday 21 June in Galway . Locals even have a name for that particular day , "Wetlife" .

Advertisement