Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where has the Big Wheel gone?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I drove through Salthill last night (8 June) and noticed that the Big Wheel on the seafront in Salthill has been taken down. WTF?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

it was probably only up for the Volvo Ocean Race...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Its usually there for the whole summer. Maybe business was slow so they stopped running it?

really? well that is odd then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 macawalla

it gone for a few weeks but will be back again for a few more weeks during the summer. its usualy only here during mid summer but it was set up early this year for the ocean race but had to go back to the uk for an event over ther

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Big wheel gone?? I was on it on Sunday unless there was another one there before that, was there???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

They started taking in down early yesterday morning (Monday), was nearly gone at lunchtime. THose guys move bloody fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

No harm i suppose.. it had to be the most booooooooooooooooring ride in the whole place.. Think its there for sight seeing more then anything else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

No harm i suppose.. it had to be the most booooooooooooooooring ride in the whole place..

What you need to do is start spinning the seat/pod (?) you're in.... then as it spins convince yourself it's unscrewing a big bolt and is about to reach the end of the thread! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

soundbyte wrote: »
    They started taking in down early yesterday morning (Monday), was nearly gone at lunchtime. THose guys move bloody fast!

Totally gone at 4:30PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

gary82 wrote: »
    What you need to do is start spinning the seat/pod (?) you're in.... then as it spins convince yourself it's unscrewing a big bolt and is about to reach the end of the thread! :P

Which always leads to herself going mad with me... but I do it anyway (hey the 360' view is mighty).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Big wheel is deadly. Was on it a few times throughout the VOR, including once after the waltzers. That one was a bit rough. Excellent views from the top too. Hope it's not gone too long...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

No harm i suppose.. it had to be the most booooooooooooooooring ride in the whole place.. Think its there for sight seeing more then anything else!!

A boring ride is better than no ride :D

ErnieBert wrote: »
    A boring ride is better than no ride :D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

View from the top !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

View from the top !

Great shot. Any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

That picture with the view from the top, is that a new pic? Or is it old? Or would anyone like to tell me when did they put a football pitch in that field?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

lisajane wrote: »
    That picture with the view from the top, is that a new pic? Or is it old? Or would anyone like to tell me when did they put a football pitch in that field?

The pitch was for the Salthill Devon fives held over the bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Here are a few more taken on the same weekend:

p1060688.jpg

p1060686.jpg

p1060670w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

Dilallio beat me to it! Nice photos!
    I wonder how long it took to come up with the name.. Giant Wheel.

Advertisement