Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN boardsie Re-elected

Options
  • 09-06-2009 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to Alan Farrell (a fellow DCN boardsie - not just a politician ;)) on his re-election to Fingal County Council.

Well done & many thanks for your participation in this forum, which I hope will be ongoing.

@ All - Feel free to add your own message of congrats to your fellow boardsie in this thread.

HB

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

His re-election, no? He got my vote anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

ixoy wrote: »
    His re-election, no?
    Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Congratulations to Alan Farrell (a fellow DCN boardsie - not just a politician ;)) on his re-election to Fingal County Council.

Well done & many thanks for your participation in this forum, which I hope will be ongoing.

@ All - Feel free to add your own message of congrats to your fellow boardsie in this thread.

HB

Ah shucks, thanks for the thread, very nice of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Congratulations Alan and fair play to you for having the balls to post under you own name. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Must be still celebrating, from what i seen today only his posters up, bar one eoin ryan poster :pac:

• Advertisement

Congratulations Alan and fair play to you for having the balls to post under you own name. :)

Well, I figured no point in lying about who I am, far too much of that already in this business.
    Davy wrote: »
    Must be still celebrating, from what i seen today only his posters up, bar one eoin ryan poster :pac:

I'll have to own up to that actually. Fortunately, some very good friends of mine have taken most down today and this evening so only a handful left.

Off out tomorrow morning with another friend (with van) to clean the last bit up then I'm taking a holiday in Cavan (exotic I know). After ten months I need a break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Good stuff, bit late but congratulations anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ah shucks, thanks for the thread, very nice of you.
    Not at Alan. Best of luck & keep on posting.

Off out tomorrow morning with another friend (with van) to clean the last bit up
    I hope you are also removing the plastic cable ties also. Many candidates don't and they are an eye sore on our poles.

And, on a similar topic, would all parties not get together and agree to take down all posters in a particular area? It would save a lot of time, energy (and sometimes traffic congestion) rather than having four different parties climbing the same pole to remove their own posters. You could sort them out later and arrange to collect them from each other.

Enjoy the holiday.

I hope you are also removing the plastic cable ties also. Many candidates don't and they are an eye sore on our poles.

I make a special point of it actually. I can't say the same for others. Wherever I have a poster, I take down other ties while I'm up there (on a pole) and my helpers seem to have done the same.
    And, on a similar topic, would all parties not get together and agree to take down all posters in a particular area? It would save a lot of time, energy (and sometimes traffic congestion) rather than having four different parties climbing the same pole to remove their own posters. You could sort them out later and arrange to collect them from each other.

In principal I suppose this is a good idea but the recriminations that go on amongst political parties about poster tampering is truly awful and there is no desire to help another party when the dust settles.

Without insulting anyones politics, the entire coast road in Malahide was cleaned of all poster (except one candidate) in May 07 on election eve and ended up in a skip outside the local GAA club and this year a smaller section was done, this time only leaving on particular political "group" still on the polls.

Personally I would favour colour coded cable ties for each party and individual. You know, red for Labour, blue for FG, white for indo's etc etc. It would make it so much easier to catch out parties who don't bother taking the ties down too.
    Enjoy the holiday.

Thank you, I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Personally I'd love to see the day where their way no poster up at all!

My father was on holidays in Spain a few years back in the run up to some elections and was surprised to see no poster anyhwere...only to be told that they banned the dam yolks!

Nodster wrote: »
    Personally I'd love to see the day where their way no poster up at all!
    It does add a bit of 'colour' and atmosphere in the run-up to an election IMO.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Congrats Cllr Farrell, from one Blueshirt to another!

Advertisement