Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LFM os/nax/voa.... link achieve bit of a rant reely

Options
  • 09-06-2009 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

why is the achievement so important . i relise once seeing it you know that the person has done the instance fully at liest once . but it could of been a guild run where they " carried " that person.

my gear is mostly the best gear i can get outside of nax 25 / os / eoe / uld ( apart from one cowl which i have a bid on and one bracers which im waiting to come to the ah) . ive read up on all the instances outside of uld ( because i dont think ill be in there anytime soon ) . ive watched loads of vids . and my dps output in voa 25 was 3600

why dont people look at whats important your stats .

bah

/rant over

2360 sp - hit max - 27% crit - 46x haste lock lfg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Like what you said, to make sure you have done it.
    They dont want someone going in their with all blues ect either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hate it as well. Nothing worse then seeing some spamming the lfg channels every minute for people for Naxx or wherever, and they wont let you come (even if you have the gear) just cause you dont have the achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Like what you said, to make sure you have done it.
    They dont want someone going in their with all blues ect either.

ive seen people with green and blues in nax with achievement and bringing the entire dps of the raid down. ive seen it on voa loads of times now. its just a stupid way of asking are you good enough for this ? why not just look at peoples stats .

i cant get into nax 25 cause people dont think ill hit the dps needed but i do know i can. same with 2 other dps friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Pugging is usually a bad idea anyway; only time I PuG is when a friend asks me to come WITH THEIR GUILD. Going with a pure PUG is just asking for ninjalooters, retardedly bad players and carrying **** dps/tanks.

Speaking on your side though, I have seen Hunters played well doing >4,000 dps on Sartharion the day they dinged 80. Pretty immense. Proves knowledge can outweigh gear.

There are /script console commands that make a link saying you have completed the achievement btw. Get one of those if you insist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

What I hate is people asking you for your stats (usually looking for the wrong ones). I have a relatively well geared character, but I don't purely stack spell power for example. To be fair it's hard for people trying to make a pug, and it's also surprising how well pugs often go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Annoys me how much i just dissapoint dustaz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

TheDoc wrote: »
    Annoys me how much i just dissapoint dustaz :(

You'll get there:P

Elexes, just lie and say your main has done it and this is your alt.

Dustaz wrote: »
    You'll get there:P

Elexes, just lie and say your main has done it and this is your alt.

they never believe that. :( must try and guilt trip some people into bringing me with there guild

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Just ask a mate to link you their achievement and then just link it to the pug

dose that work even if they are offline ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

That will link THEIR achievement surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Well I do this too when I'm running OS/VOA or Naxx pugs, reason being mostly is because I'm sick of people who don't know tactics and I'm having to explain them over and over yet again. If you have the achivement then at least you've been there and done it once before, doesn't mean you're not crap but at least you'll hopefully be better than 90% of the others that want to go.

Also boot people if they turn up in any pvp gear or any other weird gear, like a hunter the other night who joined up with cloth gloves which had spell power on them :rolleyes:

If any dps do under 2k dps they're also booted.

Prefer to inspect others before I let them join also, only if I'm stuck for another player would I summon them inside and even then I'll boot them if they have crap gear or pvp crap on.

Might be bad for others but I only need a few drops from the likes of Naxx or whatever and guild only concentrating on Ulduar so I just cba boosting random people I don't even know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Would you accept someone if they said their main had the achievement? Assuming they had decent gear that is. And you say you wouldnt accept someone in PvP gear. What if they had the full set + trinket and whatnot. Surely that would be enough dps for any of the puggable instance?

I'm not complaining about how you do things there, just genuinly wondering. I plan to mainly PvP with my Rogue at 80, but would like to occasionally do some instances.

Kiith wrote: »
    Would you accept someone if they said their main had the achievement? Assuming they had decent gear that is. And you say you wouldnt accept someone in PvP gear. What if they had the full set + trinket and whatnot. Surely that would be enough dps for any of the puggable instance?

I'm not complaining about how you do things there, just genuinly wondering. I plan to mainly PvP with my Rogue at 80, but would like to occasionally do some instances.

No to both, other pugs might accept but I won't accept on any run I'm doing myself or helping to run.
    They can go on those other pugs and get the achievment and gear/boost themselves up on those, not mine.

Another one if afk'ing - go afk once without saying anything and I'll boot you.

As I said, I'm not there to boost others and having complete nabs roll on gear that others in the group have been making sincere efforts at improving their own character and probably been raiding for weeks/months on end for something to drop for them that they need like tier pieces or whatever.
    I'm talking raids here btw, not heroics, can't even remember the last heroic I done.

I'll also turn on master looter and it's one loot per boss though I'd never let something be sharded over another player wanting to improve their gear and who might've already got loot at that boss.
    Rolls go on a main spec roll first, then to offpsec rolls if nobody wanted, then sharded as a last resort.

The EoE key from Saph, I'd only let players from guilds capable of running the EoE roll on it, otherwise it's just normally a waste.

Any whining about rolls or loot system = booted if you don't shut up.

Tough maybe but it weeds all the annoying useless people out and helps to make the runs go fast and go well :)

Quick And easy cause you boot the whole raid? ;) what annoys me most is elitist attitudes in instances,normal. I may not do much raiding but ive run every instance in and out and i hate party leaders who think they are cheese

Im also extremely annoyed at the amount of ****e dks. I put alot of effort i to my dk to learn the tacs and i have a succesful horde dk sitting idle. Brings a tear to my eye the amount of people who rolled them for a quick 80 alt and are utter ****e.

Im pretty much done with regular dungeon pugs unless ive a mate there. Too much ****e smothering the gems.

No way, I'm no elitist ! :eek: I just don't want my time wasted by having useless people in my groups, simple as that really. I'll also leave my guild if they don't remove some of the slackers, not wasting my time anymore propping others up or allowing raids to drag on/be delayed for whatever stupid reasons.

As for the DK's, yes I'd totally agree with what you said. Wouldn't mind but given the right spec and skill, it's so easy to pull off high dps as a DK without even trying that hard. I was second on dps last night while *tanking* in a pug on Sarth 2D - the other main dps was a warlock (on under 2k ffs!), a DK and a ret(ard) Paladin - both on around 2.4k dps. I was hitting 3.5k dps tanking, in blood spec ffs.

I wasnt having a go at you personally although reading back I can see how you might interpret that.

I'm personally to soft and I'd give people a chance and try teach them, thats how everyone learns. No one walked into this game being gods gift, everyone learns.

I usually make it my business to give alot of tips and help, or to some DK's, a ****ing hold your hand instance. I do it through pm though so the guy/gal doesnt feel ****ty and you can see them increasing performance through a raid.

I'd feel ****ty if someone invited me to group, then summoned me, away from what I was doing, had a look at my gear and said no...there is sometimes too high an emphasis on gear pre end game. End game thats fine gear is a large proportion, but pre 80 anyone who says I'm not geared enough for a run, is a total ****ing nab in my opinion, and will get a pretty hard shock when they hit 80 wondering why I'm actually raiding more then them.

I'd much mroe value knowing my class mechanics inside out then having uber leet purps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

make your own raids, problem solved.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I wasnt having a go at you personally although reading back I can see how you might interpret that.

I didn't take it that way at all don't worry :) I should throw some smileys around in my replies sometimes :D:D:D

I know what you're saying in regards giving people chances, explaining to them etc., I understand that but it just gets tiresome after a while. It's why it's always better to raid with a guild of regular people you already know as they (hopefully anyway) will already know tactics, have the gear/skill et all.

If it's not the guild then at least to raid with some people who have a bit of cop on and are not there just for a gear boost and hang off the tails of others dragging them along just to make up the numbers. Dunno how many times now I've ended up doing naxx with less than 20 people just because we got bored waiting to get a few more decent players to join the pug :/

I'm probably being too harsh but it's my time I'm putting into it and I just don't want it wasted by others I guess.

Advertisement