Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking a three best of both contract

• 09-06-2009 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I just moved over to three best of both with a 6 month contract. I was with O2.

I send texts to Aus & get texts from there regularly. I never had a problme when I was on O2 but since joining 3 both inbound & outbound texts seem to vanish.

There is no failure report, they just never get there or here.

Is this grounds to break my contract without penalty? I am better off going back to O2 if this continues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

Im having similar problems with three, big mistake moving to them. i was just going to do a search here to see if there is any statutory cooling off period for cancellation of contract. I cant seems to get three on the phone to get clarification. its quite frustrating. I text the UK quite a lot, so i will probably go to back 2 O2 because i can send free webtext to uk afai can remember :)

If anyone can shed any light on breaking contracts with three, id love to know more too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

dont worry, drunkmonkey will be here to defend them soon enough! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Thanks,

I got mine a month ago. I will drop in to a three store today.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

This post has been deleted.

Lol indeed.

I finally got a human when i called this number. Grrrr.... am stuck with these cowboys till the end of my contract, missed my 14 day cooling off period :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dont worry, drunkmonkey will be here to defend them soon enough! :D

why don't I have this problem with texts ever!.......

not defending them but it's a bulll**** excuse to try and get out of a contract, call tech support and sort it out.......:pac:

:)

gstar wrote: »
    Lol indeed.

I finally got a human when i called this number. Grrrr.... am stuck with these cowboys till the end of my contract, missed my 14 day cooling off period :(

You can change your phone in the first 28 days, that could be your problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

why don't I have this problem with texts ever!.......

not defending them but it's a bulll**** excuse to try and get out of a contract, call tech support and sort it out.......:pac:

:)

So not getting a basic part of a phone service, sending & receiving texts, is a bull**** reason to break a contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

It is clearly on their site who they have text agreements with
    http://www.three.ie/international/sms-interwork.htm

So not getting a basic part of a phone service, sending & receiving texts, is a bull**** reason to break a contract?

You can send texts on 3, if you've a problem it's a technical one, it's not a network wide problem. have you called tech support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I send texts to Aus & get texts from there regularly. I never had a problme when I was on O2 but since joining 3 both inbound & outbound texts seem to vanish.

There is no failure report, they just never get there or here.

Its only texts to Aus your having problems with yes?

The person needs to be on telstra or 3, ask them if they are, would clear things up.

A quick solution is use o2 webtexts which are free internationally. You can get a app like cabbage on your phone which sends the webtext using your phone for about 2cent each. You can get a free o2 sim if you haven't got one at www.freesims.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Davy wrote: »

A quick solution is use o2 webtexts which are free internationally. You can get a app like cabbage on your phone which sends the webtext using your phone for about 2cent each. You can get a free o2 sim if you haven't got one at www.freesims.ie

I use www.fishtext.com which has a little java app (like cabbage) for texts to Australia. You can also send from the web. Texts to OZ are 2 cents each. Could be an option if you don't leave your 3 contract and/or don't want a separate 02 sim just for texting.

Advertisement