Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Government & Finance Minister

Options
  • 09-06-2009 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭

While having a look at Q&A last night I got the impression that the enxt government will probably be made up by Labour and FG with Labour having quite a strong hand. I reckon the Greens are toxic now and unless enough independents can be Roped in by Enda, then the Labour alternative might be the soundest alternative.

Assuming that, who would get the gig as next Finance Minister? Both Burton and Bruton are pretty high profile spokespersons on finance for both parties and FG now have George Lee also. Assuming Gilmore might be Tanaiste, someone has to lose out. I could see Bruton getting the Finance post, Lee getting Minister for Enterprise but I'm wondering where Joan Burton could fit in? Any thoughts?

Advertisement