Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding and Port triggering

Options
  • 09-06-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anyone help with Port Fordwarding and Port triggering on a Netopia 3374WG. Have 2 Digital Media Content Management Devices connected to Router at which I have a Static IP address. The first Device has a set address 192.168.1.1. I have turned off DHCP, and turned on NAT and directed it on port HTTP, and FTP and also SSH to 192.168.1.1.
    Bingo am connected. Problem is the second device. Have set address on it to 192.168.1.5. Created a new service on the DEFINE CUSTOM SERVICE on the router with a port range 120-120. Then go back to NAT and redirected on this new service to 192.168.1.5. I understood then that if I entered my external IP address , say 86.47.233.11, and added :120 , it would direct me to the second device with the address 192.168.1.5. CANNOT CONNECT. I feel I am missing some small detail
    Any ideas ? ?

Advertisement