Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent dress maker

Options
  • 09-06-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Ok so this one is more for the ladies :)

last year I discovered the perfect dress for my figure. But sadly I then wore same dress to every wedding and social event and cannot recycle it again this year, more is the pity because I have never had a dress like it, and it was cheap as chips in the bargainredface.gif
    So I have decided to get a dress maker to make me one in a different colour, but have never done this before and do not know a reliable dress maker for this.

Any one have any suggestions? I am based in Mayo, but I'd travel biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

There is a polish seamstress in ballinrobe who did a fantastic job in repairing the mrs's torn dress (with some imagination I might add). i'll ask Mrs oldtree and post the name tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

There's a really good dressmaker in Claremorris. She's Eastern European too and her English is quite good. Her shop is on Mount Street, near the new Garda Station (about 3-4 doors up). She's been there over a year and is great at alterations and making things from scratch.
    Jeapy

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

thanks for getting back to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

hey
    there is a mighty dressmaker just outside Foxford. (on Swinford side)
    not expensive and does a wonderful job. ill give u details if u need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 macvalne

Hi there would you mind giving me the details as I really need a dressmaker and am near foxford Thanks in advance
    annie19 wrote: »
    hey
    there is a mighty dressmaker just outside Foxford. (on Swinford side)
    not expensive and does a wonderful job. ill give u details if u need them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

Hi - just wondering from op (detoxkid) if the plan worked? I had the exact same idea - I have a dress that I love and a family wedding coming up. I'd love to get it made up in a different fabric.
    Did it work, or could anyone send me on the details of a dressmaker (someone who'd be happy making something from scratch...albeit an existing dress pattern, rather than just alterations) in the Mayo/Galway area.
    Thanks a mill

Advertisement