Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork producer looking for advice/ feedback

Options
  • 09-06-2009 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hey guys,

There is a have a few tracks I have done to a point I am happy enough with them.

Just wondering if anyone here would be up for having a listen and give some feedback for the craic? :)

here is the link: www.soundcloud.com/deadnote

Cheers!!

Richie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Sounds decent, production needs a little work and maybe a bit more variation in the arrangements. Other than that, nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BJOD

i flippin hate commenting on other peoples stuff but you did have the cojones to stick your stuff out there

I thought DX Series was really cool, best of the ones down to there.

Chiptune avec frittes cool as well but i thought the kind of loud snare regular beat didnt suit the song, and its slightly offbeat, not enough to make it funky but more annoying but whats behind that if you took it out was v nice

Liked afro dub as well a lot, i wonder does it have just a teenie bit too much going on at the start though and then it almost all dies away to let the synthy bass thing take over a wee bit too much but its a nice touch to merge it all in at around the 2.57 mark, really like the bass that kicks in around 1.10, very synthy

What application / package did you use? I muck around with Reason at home, i really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

BJOD wrote: »
    i flippin hate commenting on other peoples stuff but you did have the cojones to stick your stuff out there

I thought DX Series was really cool, best of the ones down to there.

Chiptune avec frittes cool as well but i thought the kind of loud snare regular beat didnt suit the song, and its slightly offbeat, not enough to make it funky but more annoying but whats behind that if you took it out was v nice

Liked afro dub as well a lot, i wonder does it have just a teenie bit too much going on at the start though and then it almost all dies away to let the synthy bass thing take over a wee bit too much but its a nice touch to merge it all in at around the 2.57 mark, really like the bass that kicks in around 1.10, very synthy

What application / package did you use? I muck around with Reason at home, i really like it

Hiya. Thanks for the feedback. Sorry I never replied.

In answer to your question, I use Ableton Live exclusively.

Oh and I have moved on a bit, if you want to listen to some new stuff it can be found here www.myspace.com/boyeightsix

Advertisement