Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What parties will form the new government?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 10:57am
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

If there is a coming general election which parties will get in?

It looks to me that FG have a hefty backing from all over but so do Labour I'm fairly sure they could get into governement as coalition.

However if Labour pushed the boat out, could they get in with Sinn Fein??
    I am not sure they would both agree on it, but even so it is something to think about.

I would be totally for it, mainly as I see FF and FG too similar.

So this would the alternative. It is a very different one but they would have my full backing.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Personally I don't see why there's such a big kerfuffle about Sinn Fein - they are as legitimate a party as anyone to be in the Dail since they fulfilled the electoral requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

parties???? plural?

FG majority ovo

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Too many people I feel are against Sinn Fein because of everything th IRA has done.

Not many people would even realise there is a separate party broken away from Sinn Fein called Republican Sinn Fein that are the political equivalents of the continuity IRA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Sinn_F%C3%A9in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

DB10 wrote: »
    ... Not many people would even realise there is a separate party broken away from Sinn Fein called Republican Sinn Fein that are the political equivalents of the continuity IRA...

Not many? I think it is fairly common knowledge in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Isn't this thread being posted three years early? :)

• Advertisement

I wonder what a Labour-Sinn Fein government would be like?

It would be different that's for sure.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

labour would loose alot of votes if they go into alliance with them

ionix5891 wrote: »
    labour would loose alot of votes if they go into alliance with them

They could announce it after the voting finished..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Red Alert wrote: »
    Personally I don't see why there's such a big kerfuffle about Sinn Fein - they are as legitimate a party as anyone to be in the Dail since they fulfilled the electoral requirements.

Even if you ignore the whole IRA connection they are still whack jobs - anti-EU, anti-Lisbon, crazy left wing ideas mixed in with a rural/urban divide on policies.

Sinn Fein would be bad in government down south if for no other reason than most of their competent politicians are north of the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

They could announce it after the voting finished..

i would have a few swear words on hand to tell my local labour representatives if they do such a stupid thing as join with SF

any hint of them joining SF would be destructive for the party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

horrendous
    devastating
    bad

take your pick. Labour i could deal with. Sinn Fein and Labour would be a nightmare. Any moderation in leftist ideals that you could expect Labour to have would be cancelled out by the loonyness of Sinn Fein policy. I actually think that it would actually turn out worse that what we have right now, and thats saying something

Advertisement