Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Xbox Vs PS3 competition

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

What do you guys think is better?

A Cat?

cb8jpq

||

A Dog?

m2z5tm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    What do you guys think is better?
    A Cat?
    A Dog?

The cat is drinking Bud Light and the dog appears to have pulled a woman.

\thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I just cant see how the XBOX natal idea will work..

What if you are in the middle of a driving game and someone walks in or sits on the couch? Do you crash?
    Or if your family pet is running around the room?

I think the idea is great but what will the execution be like?

As for the PS id still prefer to have a gamepad/controller/joystick.
    You could see even the nerds who have been using this prototype a lot couldn't hit a tennis ball !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Lads can we keep it on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

the only way either of these will be successfull is if the average joe wants to buy it. I dont think they will be able to compete with the wii even if they are far suerior.
    Just look at the ipod, many superior mp3 players have been released and the ipod just keeps going. Basically because everyone and their mother knows what an ipod is.

The only potential i can see is for sword fighting tyoe of games, maybe sony could be planning a rival to Zelda, that could work.
    First person shooters ? meh, at the end of the day youd be holding a fancy light gun. The best contols for a fps are probably mouse and keyboard, and now that i think of it why arent xbox and playstation jumping up and down on mouse and keyboard? they could use it for rts and fps games which could potentially be great instead we have to play red alert with a controller which is stupid.

Who the hell wants to jump around like an idiot in front of their xbox anyway? If that thing even works

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ruanej90

i dont get the xbox V ps3 thing both have ups and downs but i have to go with xbox360 being better console i mean ere getting facebook..... thats GOING TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! plus its got equal graphics and a bigger game library..... PS3 is shiny and free online play.......which is better you ask?:confused:
    i dont know or care!...:D:cool::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

XBOX TILL I DIE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So are new 360s RROD proof yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mikeglee wrote: »
    XBOX TILL I DIE!!!
    .....ok:confused:
    Overheal wrote: »
    So are new 360s RROD proof yet?
    Better then before but still nope. The consoles entire hardware design means its gonna always be a possible issue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, but those "retro-are-the-coolerist-than-both" chime-ins are always susceptible to even older ones, until the Ball & Paddle makes an appearance before being piped by Stick & Tire. Seriously.
    thanks graybush your sarcasm is welcomed:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

mikeglee wrote: »
    XBOX TILL I DIE!!!
    jesus dont say that they will replace the 360 in a few years lol

ok i cant see how this is gonna work without major flaws like for example as someone said someone walking across the line between you and the sensor!

BTW our neighbours are gonna see people using this system and making phonecalls to the big men in white coats and i have a feeling it will be hard to explain taking cover in front of your tv lol

nice idea though but wii i think have this area covered!

See I would almost think "Oh if its just heating issues I'll get one of those attachment cooler yokes" but according to wikipedia, Microsoft will void your warranty if they find out you've been using one.

So the only alternative would be to buy one and just use the POS as it is, then watch it die, and be without it for weeks at a time.

Its no wonder I have not gotten into this console generation. PC ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Overheal wrote: »
    So the only alternative would be to buy one and just use the POS as it is, then watch it die, and be without it for weeks at a time.
    It doesnt happen to every 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Niall0 wrote: »
    It doesnt happen to every 360.

At the start, it nearly did. I was member of a Xbox 360 forum and it was shocking how many of us suffered RRODs. I believe the elites have dropped the RROD rate a lot but its still there with some new fault. Hopefully this rumoured xbox 360 1.5 will be launched and resolve these issues for good.

Its a great machine in gaming terms but it sucks for build quality. If MS fix the build quality, I'll go back to having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If my Elite gets the RROD, I'll be done with the machine for good.

M$ responded to claims that a new console would launch with the Natal. They basically stated

"I think part of the excitement about this announcement is that in many ways we are delivering a next generation experience this generation. With that said, I can confirm that Natal will run on Xbox 360 so no new console investment will be necessary."

Which is neither confirming nor denying a new model/slimline 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Most of these rumours are leaked out to test the waters.

True. But im hoping it will solicit a real response from MS, who might consider a rebuild a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Neither will really appeal to core gamers, if you have either console you might pick it up so you can show your casual mates/family that consoles are fun.

I'm not excited about it, the Wii ruined my optimism about motion control gaming.

I do like the idea somebody brought up in a podcast about natal, say in Forza 3, using the cockpit view rather than having to push a button to look out the side windows you just had to turn your head but you still had the controller in your hand. I want subtle intergration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I dunno, if you turned your head sidewards, you would see the wall of your room. Even if you kept your eyes on the screen, it would be a bit weird and not really immersive at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Here's a computer jiggy that already exists that does the whole looking around thing people have been talking about.

First one is just someone flying about using it, second is kinda a promotional video where he explains how it works and it's uses.

Advertisement